GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG issue. Car is at dealer for almost two months!!!

Pedrocolo

Hey all,
I have a 2010 GTI with around 27k on it...
I've been experiencing a transmission issue. When I put it on reverse nothing happens, just like it would still be on neutral. I had to turn the car off and on again and it would work... After a week with this problem I took the car in for the dealer to check it out... They did detect a problem with the mechatronic (wich I believe is like the "brain" for the DSG). But the first problem is that no dealership in the US had one in stock. So they had to have one ordered from Germany... And it took 25 days to arrive and have it installed... After those long 25 days I had my car back and two days later the same problem happened..!
I took the car in AGAIN and they detected the same issue as before. But this time they decided to replace the transmission for a brand new one, good news right? So I though... But here we go for part two of this situation... They say that no one in the WORLD have a spare new DSG to ship to them and they will have to BUILD a new one at the factory in GERMANY!!! And after another two weeks without my car they contacted me with the "great" news that it will take at least another month for the new DSG to arrive... It sounds pretty crazy to me!!!
I love the car, but this entire thing is becoming a huge disappointment!!!
Any thoughts about my situation?
Thanks!

Luvndubn6

Banned
Hey all,
I have a 2010 GTI with around 27k on it...
I've been experiencing a transmission issue. When I put it on reverse nothing happens, just like it would still be on neutral. I had to turn the car off and on again and it would work... After a week with this problem I took the car in for the dealer to check it out... They did detect a problem with the mechatronic (wich I believe is like the "brain" for the DSG). But the first problem is that no dealership in the US had one in stock. So they had to have one ordered from Germany... And it took 25 days to arrive and have it installed... After those long 25 days I had my car back and two days later the same problem happened..!
I took the car in AGAIN and they detected the same issue as before. But this time they decided to replace the transmission for a brand new one, good news right? So I though... But here we go for part two of this situation... They say that no one in the WORLD have a spare new DSG to ship to them and they will have to BUILD a new one at the factory in GERMANY!!! And after another two weeks without my car they contacted me with the "great" news that it will take at least another month for the new DSG to arrive... It sounds pretty crazy to me!!!
I love the car, but this entire thing is becoming a huge disappointment!!!
Any thoughts about my situation?
Thanks!

Happened to my friend Y34RZ3R0 twice. He almost didnt get out of alaska on time because it took that long as well. Expect at least a month cuz it has to go through customs and port then its freighted by ground shipping. He drives an E46 M3 now.

Get yours lemoned.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Do lemon law...

OldDirty

Ready to race!
Damn the DSG is having that many problems that they used up their entire replacement inventory? Hopefully they can get that thing redesigned because it's awesome when it works right.

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!
wow. the whole situation sucks. is VW providing you with a car for this period of time? i wonder what the issue is, that they decided to replace the whole trans. on the plus side (no much of a plus), you are getting an ULTRA FRESH trans.

Goldie1

Lemon it

but WTF do I know.

I got VW to buy back my GTI, April 2011, yes, they paid, a pretty penny too...

They were stupid enough NOT to have me sign a non-disclosure form.

TREGinginCO

Ready to race!
Time to get the vehicle swapped out. Get your Service Mgr to contact the Regional Rep and get the discussion going. VW has been pretty good to me and other customers who have legit problems with a vehicle... and from what you've described.... you're right in there. Be polite, be direct... but don't be an asshole. VW's Customer Service is great and the folks in Herndon really want their customers to be happy.

Over and above your state's lemon law, you have protections under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.