GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question reguarding air intakes

missinthegrove

Passed Driver's Ed
I own an Injen short ram intake and looks like the same one as that one, is this case no you will not need a maf sensor, by the way on these short rams you are still sucking hot air in. if you can afford the carbonio then I would personally go for itbut if you cant then this is another option. Like I said i have one and its great for what i wanted, i wrapped it in header wrap to insulate it and have gotten IATs in the 100 to 130 degree range when its 85 degrees outside,, also another thing with Injen intakes(not sure about others) these intakes make a slight chuu sound when you punch it around 3k rpm. Hope this gives you an idea, let me know if you have any questions.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
I own an Injen short ram intake and looks like the same one as that one, is this case no you will not need a maf sensor, by the way on these short rams you are still sucking hot air in. if you can afford the carbonio then I would personally go for itbut if you cant then this is another option. Like I said i have one and its great for what i wanted, i wrapped it in header wrap to insulate it and have gotten IATs in the 100 to 130 degree range when its 85 degrees outside,, also another thing with Injen intakes(not sure about others) these intakes make a slight chuu sound when you punch it around 3k rpm. Hope this gives you an idea, let me know if you have any questions.
Header wrap is designed to keep heat in. Ideally you'd want a reflective wrap to keep radiant heat out.

missinthegrove

Passed Driver's Ed
Header wrap is designed to keep heat in. Ideally you'd want a reflective wrap to keep radiant heat out.

Yea that makes sense haha, im sure with heat reflective tape it would help a lot more though. Either way they are a good investment in my opinion.

CScalzo7

Passed Driver's Ed
Your best bet is the Carbonio by APR, although the price is more it is definitely worth the extra money. Sounds awesome and the carbon fibre adds a great look to the engine bay. Not much gain overall but for an air intake it does the job.

Redslumber

Ready to race!
Second the APR carbon intake. Love the minor upgrade in look and sound. Check if the price is for you though. When I bought it back in '12, it was about $200-250

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
honestly I would only do the APR carbonio or P-flow. at this time I do not have an intake but from most 2.5 guys that I know those are the two best. if you live in a place that rains a lot I wouldn't recommend the APR one as water can get into the intake if your not careful.

CScalzo7

Passed Driver's Ed
APR is definitley a good choice, it is a bit more pricey but the extra $150 or so is worth it. it gives a great look to the engine bay as well. As for the rain, unless you drive in 2 feet of rain you'll be fine. I have driven in multiple rain storms and the filter remain perfect. The only pain is having to clean it every once in a while because of its location. in the end its your choice. Goodluck!

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Honestly I wouldn't pay full price for the APR $325 + at least $15 in shipping is pretty ridiculous. Buy one off a fellow user or go for the P-Flo; unless money isn't a big factor

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
APR is definitley a good choice, it is a bit more pricey but the extra $150 or so is worth it. it gives a great look to the engine bay as well. As for the rain, unless you drive in 2 feet of rain you'll be fine. I have driven in multiple rain storms and the filter remain perfect. The only pain is having to clean it every once in a while because of its location. in the end its your choice. Goodluck!

and that's why I said if you live in a place that rains a lot. I live in vegas and when it rains here it always has areas where run off water flows like a river. and they will cross roads. and its usually pretty deep in the areas so if i get the APR one I will have to go find other ways into my neighborhood or to work...