GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OK - Is it an "MK6" or a "Mark 6"?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Actually yesterday was the true test when an auto body guy I was meeting asked if my body was the same as a 2010 he worked on, and I had a split second to decide whether to say "m-kay 6" or "mark 6". Luckily I chose the second and correct one. Lol...crisis averted.
the correct answer to his question was "Yes" so still social awkward. lol

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Seriously as an old guy, I couldn't careless, alls I want is for them to be on the same page as me and we understand each other.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Seriously as an old guy, I couldn't careless, alls I want is for them to be on the same page as me and we understand each other.
90% of the time i just say the year if someone ask. i just say 2011 Vw GTI. If its another VW enthusiast then i will say mark 6.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
The correct term is said to be "Mark6" but "MK6" is what the younger crowd started using and it's shorter to say but it's also an abbreviation for "Mark6" so whatever is easier I guess lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it's not shorter to say, 3 syllables vs 2. English 101

Okay so the official rule is:

Typing it out = MK6
Saying it = "Mark 6"
^ this. /thread

GTIKage

Looks like the "Official Rule" has it.

Thanks, all!

Gino

Ready to race!
I let people know I have a 2012 GTI. Some are clueless to what that even is, but I think it is safe to assume most people not familiar with VW won't know M-K-6 from Mark 6 either.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
just tell people its a 1992 ford tempo

beygan

Ready to race!
I always remembered it to be "mark". However whenever I type MK6 I just say em-kay six. Em-kay em-kay meh I got used to it.