GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix soundbox balance problem

Motrellim

I had my soundbox installed by a stereo shop. I noticed after it was installed that the sound just wasn't right. Also the front speakers were louder then the rear. So I'm thinking it just needs to be programmed. I got it programmed at a dealership. All that did was make my subwoofer sound better. So I did a balance check. It turns out that only the right channel is coming out of all 8 speakers and the front speakers are still louder then the front. Anybody know if it was installed or programmed correctly?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
take it back to where you got it installed and let them know its not performing properly and would like it fixed.

Motrellim

I did they say they installed it right. They told me to find out what could possibly be wrong with it and let them know

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I did they say they installed it right. They told me to find out what could possibly be wrong with it and let them know

what? lol did you talk to a manager... have them sit in your car and be like how the fuck could this be right? I would want compensation if they arent willing to fix it.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
They said it might be the amp.

yeah i would be like well something is wrong so please fix it and if you cant thing there needs to be a offer of something else to replace it or fix it or compensation or something.. but always lead off with that you just want it working properly.

Motrellim

Installing the soundbox in an MK6 GTi 2-door they don't have to repin any wires?

Motrellim

Yes a dealership coded it. I'm just wondering if wires need to be repined or not because I have a two door MK6 GTi

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You have to depin a couple wires on the radio harness & then insert the Helix harness wires instead.
And there are special harnesses used on the older radio, in your MK6
It's plug & play essentially & only installs one way. (it'd be pretty hard to screw up)
If they didn't do that right....it wouldn't be working at all (your door speakers or the Helix).

Did they change the balance/fader at all?

Motrellim

You have to depin a couple wires on the radio harness & then insert the Helix harness wires instead.
It's plug & play essentially & only installs one way. (it'd be pretty hard to screw up)
If they didn't do that right....it wouldn't be working at all (your door speakers or the Helix).

Hello, thanks for the response. If they didn't change the brown and black wire what would happen? Would it turn on at all? When you asked if they

Motrellim

Hi, thanks for the response. What would happen if they did not repin in the wires? Also I don't understand when you asked if they changed the balance\ fader. You can change that?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
If they didn't repin it, it wouldn't work (that's where the Helix is getting power from)

And the balance/fader is done thru the radio itself
(left & right and front & back adjustments)

That picture above is from VW as a "tech tip" for the techs at the dealership when installing. I'd take it back to the stereo shop and show them to confirm that it's hooked up properly.

beygan

Ready to race!
Congrats on your install. I bought a helix soundbox but haven't gone around to having it installed. The dealership kept avoiding my queries of installation for some reason. Hopefully your amp isn't faulty. It could be the programming. How much did your shop charge you for the install?