GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno - is this a reasonable cost

Staver

Passed Driver's Ed
Was looking at getting my car dynoed to see what kind of difference the combination of a tune, intake, and catback made. Was quoted $150 by a local shop to do this - they said it would take 4-5 pulls (about 20min). This seems kind of pricey.

Just wondering what others think.

Jaber

Modero
Was looking at getting my car dynoed to see what kind of difference the combination of a tune, intake, and catback made. Was quoted $150 by a local shop to do this - they said it would take 4-5 pulls (about 20min). This seems kind of pricey.

Just wondering what others think.

Have you tried calling other nearby shops? For a $10-$20 difference, might not be worth driving extra distance and more so if one shop has less experience than another. Check if your local car groups have any dyno days coming up.

I think local shops around here charge around $100-$120 for dyno session. On dyno days, it's usually $70 for 3 pulls.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
This is the pricing my shop charges on their Mustang AWD dyno.

--DYNO ONLY-- Horsepower Pulls/ Self Tune/ Before/After Pulls**
2 Wheel Drive $75/ 3 pulls $100/ Hour $129
All-Wheel Drive $100/ 3 pulls $150/ Hour $159

clownish

just clowning around
My local shops do the same pricing as above - $65-75 for 3 baseline pulls or a flat hourly rate with a minimum of two-three hours at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastball

Ready to race!
I just paid a flat hundred for two pulls on my blue car. There was about a 20 minute pause in between to let the car cool down.