GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catback Exhaust or Exhaust Tips????

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Everyone,

Looking for some help on deciding whether to get a Catback Exhaust for my 2011 GTi or Exhaust Tips. I know that you don’t really see much of a difference with a Catback in terms of sound and performance, but I’m just looking for a moderate increase in those. I’ve seen some videos online, and have determined that Milltek, Magnaflow, and Cobb all have a good enough sound for me with the stock DP, but my favorite looking Exhaust is the ECS Tuning Catback which is backordered. This one was also the only Catback that I couldn’t find a sound clip of. (If anyone has a video of the ECS Catback, I’d appreciate it if you could share it).

Originally, I was going for the visual affect, and wanted to just get the 4 inch Diamond black tips from ECS and install them on the existing muffler, but having seen a few of these Catback systems, I’m leaning towards the full Catback Exhaust.

One thing is certain, whatever I go with must fit perfectly with the rear diffuser cut outs, and should stick out a little more than the stock tips, as I feel they are slightly shorter than they should be. Not too much, just a bit more. Feel like it makes the 4 inch exhaust tips stand out and makes the car look more aggressive.

I have a Black on Black Autobahn DSG, and in addition to the APR Stage 1 that I currently have, I was looking to add the Carbobio intake (now that people have confirmed that there is no flute sound), and VMR 710s Limited Edition (Titanium Black) Wheels (Elimante the need for spacers) with Conti DWS 06. I’m in the North East, so AS are important. Would like to add Diamond Black or Tiramium Exhaust Tips to match with the wheels and complete the look. That’s about it. Don’t want to lower it or add anything else. Just want an aggressive look with some added power and deep growl provided by the intake and exhaust respectively. “NO FARTING EXHAUSTS LOL”. Oh, and I have 57k miles on it, and latelwy I have felt some steering looseness, so I may add the Tyrolsport Collar Kit. I heard it gives back the steering response the car once had, and then some.

Would appreciate any posts with pics of videos of stock Exhaust with aftermarket 4 inch tips and with Catback Exhausts that match the above. Thanks in advance for all the feedback, videos and pics!!!

Last edited:

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
I moved this to the correct section of the forum. Tried to delete it but can’t find how to do so.