GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top speed stock gti 2.0?

black power

Passed Driver's Ed
haha well you let me know when you are back in town and we'll check out those TOWN ROADS u talkin about :happyanim:

lol try amrat sur road :D

zakmac

Well I hit 121 regularly and I promise it's governed at 121 mph and 4999 rpm I won't go any faster granted that is on a completly level road I could understand if you were going down a slite incline you could defantly get going 129

C4L

Banned
Well I hit 121 regularly and I promise it's governed at 121 mph and 4999 rpm I won't go any faster granted that is on a completly level road I could understand if you were going down a slite incline you could defantly get going 129

The car is limited at 129mph from the factory. The reason you cannot hit this is unknown to me. Elevation maybe. Where I live I am less than 500ft above sea level... Turbos don't like high elevation because the air is thinner.

It does appear that some of the newer 2.0T cars (GLI/Beetle Turbo) are limited to 124mph though. 200 kph.

None are limited to 121mph.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
because racecar

zakmac

Yes the governer is deleted with stage one and depending on what tune you get it will raise your rpm redline too I think it will just go from 6800-7000

zakmac

I'm Not here trying to tell you your wrong but I really don't think that the elevation would change the governer in the ecu I understand that turbo charged cars don't like high elevations but I would think it would just get there a little slower correct me if I'm wrong here

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I've had mine (using the digital gauge) up to 132. Are you sure its not 135?

This is about maxed out. :23: