A_Bowers Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Atta Boy :thumbsup:

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
If its been less than a week, its going to drop more.

I measured my car 2 days after install, then 5 days later and it dropped 3/8th of an inch as it settled. It should end up looking even better!

A_Bowers

Instagram photo

A_Bowers

If its been less than a week, its going to drop more.

I measured my car 2 days after install, then 5 days later and it dropped 3/8th of an inch as it settled. It should end up looking even better!

Been about a week thus far. Currently at 25 1/4 all around. Which is on par with what everyone has been reporting.

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Been about a week thus far. Currently at 25 1/4 all around. Which is on par with what everyone has been reporting.

Awesome! If you think the FTG being even all be way around leaves you with reverse rake remove the spare tire.

Pre spare tire assembly removal I was at 25" FTG all the way around.

Post spare tire assembly removal I am at 25" FTG front, 25 1/8th" rear FTG. I got a 2 door no options MK5 though, it may not translate despite it being the same springs.

I wanted to park next to Grambles at the BBQ and see if there was a difference (DG vs VWR) but it never worked out.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
looks great

A_Bowers

Bout damn time this thread is where it belongs! :thumbsup:

Car looks great man...BUT......

I cannot drop 500 on tails. It has to serve a performance standpoint first. Then aesthetics second.

I'm all about function over form.

WITH THAT SAID..........HOLY SEX BALLS OF LIGHTNING.
Just went on a test run of the new suspension setup on my usual course I go.

I am totally and completely blown away. The car is just so planted. I mean like grounded to the ground (I keed I keed).

I am so happy with this setup. Stage 2+ is PERFECT for back road adventures. Instant linear power and didn't ever worry about losing traction once. (XDS is a beautiful thing).

Wow. That's all I can say right now.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
I cannot drop 500 on tails. It has to serve a performance standpoint first. Then aesthetics second.

I'm all about function over form.

WITH THAT SAID..........HOLY SEX BALLS OF LIGHTNING.
Just went on a test run of the new suspension setup on my usual course I go.

I am totally and completely blown away. The car is just so planted. I mean like grounded to the ground (I keed I keed).

I am so happy with this setup. Stage 2+ is PERFECT for back road adventures. Instant linear power and didn't ever worry about losing traction once. (XDS is a beautiful thing).

Wow. That's all I can say right now.

Nice. I'm seriously jelly. My DG springs don't do jack crap for handling. This will be addressed soon though!

Status
Not open for further replies.