GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U-20t's Build Part 2 - Uber MK6 - Big Turbo DSG 4 Motion Swap - Its about going fast

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Teaser...Pm me. Much nicer than wortec...

Optional fittings too for coolers too: will be getting a set for the future.

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
DAMN YOU! So I have to decide by Wednesday. Will this help with pick ups at the track. Given there are fins in it..forgot where to pick up is located. It's not a true baffled pan but it looks like the fins are long enough to help slow down oil movement.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
almost in the middle of the block to be honest. i still don't understand the starvation issues with the way our cars are set up stock. i guess it literally needs vertical screens.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
DAMN YOU! So I have to decide by Wednesday. Will this help with pick ups at the track. Given there are fins in it..forgot where to pick up is located. It's not a true baffled pan but it looks like the fins are long enough to help slow down oil movement.

Thanks Kern so looks like oil pickup its right in between fin one and two in the deep section, deep section is baffled by the OEM plastic. Looks where the fins are in the aluminium pan may be deeper than oem

Sebastian89

Ready to race!
almost in the middle of the block to be honest. i still don't understand the starvation issues with the way our cars are set up stock. i guess it literally needs vertical screens.

From my understanding oil starvation happens bc the oil can't travel back to pan quick enough. Extra quart in there should help, but has anyone thought about extending the pickup tube to where it's closer to the bottom of the pan? I have a tsi broken down now, I'll try to measure the distance when I get a chance.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i'm happy i took so many pics while my motor was apart lol. the oem "baffles" in the pan are trash. that's why i'm saying i guess you really need something vertical sticking out in there because the ones by design from vw is just the plastic grating around the pickup. nothing really in the pan itself.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
From my understanding oil starvation happens bc the oil can't travel back to pan quick enough. Extra quart in there should help, but has anyone thought about extending the pickup tube to where it's closer to the bottom of the pan? I have a tsi broken down now, I'll try to measure the distance when I get a chance.

the pan is full but all of the oil sloshes to one side in high speed turns. the baffles are supposed to slow it down so you'll always have an accumulation of oil under the pickup

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
the pan is full but all of the oil sloshes to one side in high speed turns. the baffles are supposed to slow it down so you'll always have an accumulation of oil under the pickup

This, also by going by photos. The OEM one is partially baffled from the plastic but not well. Even if were baffled better the oil does not drain from the head fast enough to keep the pump submerged, combined with the sloshing as well. Then we go hungry.

The idea and from looking at the pans side by side is that the new pan may be a little deeper but if it is its marginal. I looks to hold more oil mainly in the driver side on the angle (where the fins are) the fins are to help splashing on cornering. It a lot looks a little larger by the pump but the pan is also tighter by the pump to keep the oil more towards the center/rear of the pan again keeping the pump head submerged. If the pan is the same depth or very close to it the pickup would no need to be lowered, it would stay submerged due to the extra quart in the pan, I am sure it can still run out but but with the added time the issue is no longer present. For a track day only I would prob overfill slightly also like the guys do with the oem pan to help compensate more.

I will have a few more comparison photos hopefully today from the manufacturer to compare depth and where the pan will sit installed.

I am still buying one for my car but the price won’t stick much longer so if you guys want PM me, these will go for retail which is about $150 more. Basically all the pans will go to me then I will ship them out to who bought them to keep it easier.

So far its –

1. U-20T
2. RotaryKnight
3. Fireball

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance

This is what I have heard from APR motorsport guys as well as a rep from VW racing.

I am still buying one for my car but the price won’t stick much longer so if you guys want PM me, these will go for retail which is about $150 more. Basically all the pans will go to me then I will ship them out to who bought them to keep it easier.

So far its –

1. U-20T
2. RotaryKnight
3. Fireball

Damn I would be all over this if I saw it last week, just bought a bunch of motorcycle parts, exhaust, power commander, more all wheel drive swap parts, the rear brake brackets, etc, why cant I be rich :mad0259:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
This is what I have heard from APR motorsport guys as well as a rep from VW racing.

Damn I would be all over this if I saw it last week, just bought a bunch of motorcycle parts, exhaust, power commander, more all wheel drive swap parts, the rear brake brackets, etc, why cant I be rich :mad0259:

Give me a call or shoot me a PM, I didnt order yet but will be by the end of the week

If anyone else wants one PM me soon