GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

urbanevil

Ready to race!

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered mine yesterday! Looking forward to working with Alex and the team.
I just bought it as well. Did you go with the crackles or no?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Alex, have you tuned any k04s at all yet? I'm curious what sort of numbers you were able to gain.

Dont think he has ... still waiting to see the results when cobb lifts the restrictions an Alex can tune using the full 3bar sensor.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
if one were to partake and did the 2 separate files could they both be 93 octane and one with crackles and one without crackles... i like them but im not sure if i would want them all the time.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
if one were to partake and did the 2 separate files could they both be 93 octane and one with crackles and one without crackles... i like them but im not sure if i would want them all the time.
The crackles is sent as a separate tune file. So you can disable it if needed.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Might be a stupid question. How would the power you can make from this compare to apr stage 2?

Laimface

Ready to race!
Essentially above 3000 RPM. The harder you accelerate before letting off above this number and the higher the RPM the sharper and more pronounced they are.
/QUOTE]

What are they like? Had crackles on my 172 Cup and they got proper annoying when you were off the throttle for too long haha

Skip to 6:35 for a good run

CHerna

Ready to race!
I might have missed it, but do you have figures for 93 octane?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Essentially above 3000 RPM. The harder you accelerate before letting off above this number and the higher the RPM the sharper and more pronounced they are.
/QUOTE]

What are they like? Had crackles on my 172 Cup and they got proper annoying when you were off the throttle for too long haha

Skip to 6:35 for a good run

That would annoy me.. i wouldn't mind having some crackles for a few seconds but i dont want like you had at 6:35/later where the entire time you were coasting its just pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop... for what seemed no real reason after the first like 3 seconds.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Alex, have you tuned any k04s at all yet? I'm curious what sort of numbers you were able to gain.

Have not tuned a K04 "yet" but it won't be a problem maximizing the power output. I think a lot of people are hung up on who makes the most power via a tune. The reality is that if you are even moderately competent at tuning, making power is the easy part. You can push a tune to the edge of a knock with a mix of boost and timing and that maximizes output.

However the finer details are the more difficult ones to get spot on. How is throttle response, how does boost build coming into and off the throttle? Smooth and consistent or are there gaps in the power band - not just WOT but also part throttle. How does the car behave during a gear shift? Does it overboost, underboost?

How does the tune respond to environmental conditions such as temperature? Changes in fuel quality? etc. Is it safe, is it consistent? Is it FUN and engaging to drive?

Those characteristics are actually tougher to get right and require a lot of experience, development, and seat time. Those are also the things you experience most when driving the car.

These are the areas that I hope to really stand out here. Like I mentioned, most tunes can maximize power (especially on a K03 or K04), what I am hoping to ADD to making power is maximizing driveability and overall enjoyment of the car.

Im curious, does the flash tune aimed for stage 1 or 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tune is built to order - so we build it according to your modifications and fuel when you order.

do you ship to malaysia?

We can if you have a verified paypal address.

We always send 2 files, one with and one without crackles.

Thank you for the orders so far everyone, tunes will start being sent out tomorrow. Make sure to submit your tuning forms.