GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FINALLY! Mk6 ko4 vs stage 1 apr mk7

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
In all seriousness, is the KO4 compatible with the mk7

Not sure, I think the MK7 turbo has the exhaust manifold integrated to the head. Might be costly to upgrade.

Artysta

Ready to race!
Not sure, I think the MK7 turbo has the exhaust manifold integrated to the head. Might be costly to upgrade.

Ok but I'm sure something is in the works for a bigger turbo...might just go straight to the mk7 R and start with a stronger platform to begin with.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Ok but I'm sure something is in the works for a bigger turbo...might just go straight to the mk7 R and start with a stronger platform to begin with.

They are on it... and yes, that would be the better decision. That is always the better decision.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion

Sure but it will probably cost a lot to remove the turbo and swap it. Definitely should've gotten an R to begin with if you want serious power.

Mk6Mario

Passed Driver's Ed
Obvious win.....all the mk7 gti owners saying they can beat a ko4'd mk6 gti are pretty ignorant....if you put numbers together...there is no way the mk7 will beat the ko4 mk6 with 40whp less....even when APR comes out with a stage 2 tune for the mk7 I highly doubt even then they can beat it. Let's face it a ko4'd mk6 is no joke and for the mk7 to beat a ko4'd mk6 you will either need to upgrade the turbo or fully max out the stock turbo with other mods.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Obvious win.....all the mk7 gti owners saying they can beat a ko4'd mk6 gti are pretty ignorant....if you put numbers together...there is no way the mk7 will beat the ko4 mk6 with 40whp less....even when APR comes out with a stage 2 tune for the mk7 I highly doubt even then they can beat it. Let's face it a ko4'd mk6 is no joke and for the mk7 to beat a ko4'd mk6 you will either need to upgrade the turbo or fully max out the stock turbo with other mods.

This . Stage 1 mk6 gti vs stage 2 is a few hp Just delivered differently

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
so i guess there's no need for hitler to sell his ko4 kit and go BT.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
but....B7 is ko3.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
so i guess there's no need for hitler to sell his ko4 kit and go BT.
I've been waiting on him to ship that KO4 for a while now. You think he saw this thread?

GTA5

Ready to race!
Why have these lovely positive mk7 owners not been banned? Look at their sigs...its obvious they want to stir the pot.

this is why these mk6 days are dying. yeah lets ban the owners with a better car overall than ours, makes fukn perfect logic.

because we're to busy arguing about aftermarket turbo vs stock turbo...

i mean trolling is fun but when are the mk6 owners going to realize that the mk7 even with the recalls IS a better overall car, on paper, on track whatever you want to call it.

And to the topic of this useless thread, a KO4 equivalent mk7 would absolutely shit gatorade on a mk6 ko4 equivalent...

Last edited:

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
this is why these mk6 days are dying. yeah lets ban the owners with a better car overall than ours, makes fukn perfect logic.

i mean trolling is fun but when are the mk6 owners going to realize that the mk7 even with the recalls IS a better overall car, on paper, on track whatever you want to call it.

And to the topic of this useless thread, a KO4 equivalent mk7 would absolutely shit gatorade on a mk6 ko4 equivalent...

:word:

wireless

Ready to race!

And... who exactly is saying that?

MK7's are overall better cars. That doesn't mean that the engine will miraculously be faster -- look at the FSI vs the TSI... both different, and the TSI is newer, but it doesn't mean it's faster. lol