GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Checked my oil today. Still full after 1100 miles. I was thinking I was losing half a quart every 2500 miles. We'll see in another 1000 miles if the oil has gone south on the dipstick.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Checked my oil today. Still full after 1100 miles. I was thinking I was losing half a quart every 2500 miles. We'll see in another 1000 miles if the oil has gone south on the dipstick.
:thumbsup:

That reminds me we have to change ours but no filter on hand so maybe in a day or so.

Dartregor

Ready to race!

Hinestly even though i got 115k miles on my car. Never seen any oil loss.

Only isse engine wise is occasionally it burns coolant. Or it does it very slow. It was fine the first 6 months i owned it. Then one day i noticed it wasnt at the max line but rather the min line. Topped it back off with distilled water and it hasnt moved in the last 2k miles. So i honestly dont know if its a tiny slow leak or of it just randomly is like naw we dont need that today. Never seen a drip on the ground though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Hinestly even though i got 115k miles on my car. Never seen any oil loss.

Only isse engine wise is occasionally it burns coolant. Or it does it very slow. It was fine the first 6 months i owned it. Then one day i noticed it wasnt at the max line but rather the min line. Topped it back off with distilled water and it hasnt moved in the last 2k miles. So i honestly don't know if it's a tiny slow leak or if it just randomly is like naw we don't need that today. Never seen a drip on the ground though.

I didn't start losing oil until after removing the PCV/Valve cover and I am pretty sure how I set up the catch can initially was the cause of that. I basically had a hose pumping oil directly out of the valve cover to the catch can so the run between the two was too short and too low essentially siphoning oil into the catch can. Whoops.

Staver

Passed Driver's Ed
What I did to my MK6 2.5 today....

Been awhile since I posted - wanted to share some updates on my 2012 2.5L Golf MK6.

So far I've done mostly engine stuff - Short Air Intake, Stage I Tune (IE), and AWE Catback with Glasspack resonator.

I recently picked up a set of R32 (2008) 18" rims - what a difference and they look so sweet - kind of following an OEM+ kind of look and feel. Then I picked up a MK6 GTI suspension with 20,000 miles on it (price was right at $40), had that put on and things were lowered about 1/2". Also got a set of GolfR Brakes + steel lines + new pads on the rear put on - feels really good now as the engine mods made it easier to overdrive the capabilities of the brakes. Getting the brakes and the suspension updated really rounded things out nicely.

Attached some photos for those who are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_7582.JPG
    IMG_7582.JPG
    393.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_7583.JPG
    IMG_7583.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 99

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Been awhile since I posted - wanted to share some updates on my 2012 2.5L Golf MK6.

So far I've done mostly engine stuff - Short Air Intake, Stage I Tune (IE), and AWE Catback with Glasspack resonator.

I recently picked up a set of R32 (2008) 18" rims - what a difference and they look so sweet - kind of following an OEM+ kind of look and feel. Then I picked up a MK6 GTI suspension with 20,000 miles on it (price was right at $40), had that put on and things were lowered about 1/2". Also got a set of GolfR Brakes + steel lines + new pads on the rear put on - feels really good now as the engine mods made it easier to overdrive the capabilities of the brakes. Getting the brakes and the suspension updated really rounded things out nicely.

Attached some photos for those who are interested.
Great to have you back, post up your Profile on this thread.
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116349

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Just got the United Motorsport Stage 1 tune this afternoon in Toronto. Didn’t really get on it until halfway home due to the tropical rain storm in Southern Ontario. First impressions:

Much more grunt down low and a very linear and defined connection between the throttle and the engine with improved response and accessible power throughout the rev range. I’d say there’s a noticeable improvement in power and torque, but, more so, it’s got more immediacy to it.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Just got the United Motorsport Stage 1 tune this afternoon in Toronto. Didn’t really get on it until halfway home due to the tropical rain storm in Southern Ontario. First impressions:

Much more grunt down low and a very linear and defined connection between the throttle and the engine with improved response and accessible power throughout the rev range. I’d say there’s a noticeable improvement in power and torque, but, more so, it’s got more immediacy to it.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie

Where did you get it, and how much?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I went to K&H Radiators in Scarborough. There’s a drop down menu on the UM site for all Ontario vendors. I think it was $475.....I made a few big purchases this weekend lol.

After driving it today I’m impressed. It’s not that it’s making monster power or ready to slaughter all takers. It’s just using what it has so much better with vastly superior feedback from input with a bit of added zip.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
I went to K&H Radiators in Scarborough. There’s a drop down menu on the UM site for all Ontario vendors. I think it was $475.....I made a few big purchases this weekend lol.

After driving it today I’m impressed. It’s not that it’s making monster power or ready to slaughter all takers. It’s just using what it has so much better with vastly superior feedback from input with a bit of added zip.

Really nice to hear! Now I have to debate between delaying my LED taillights even more for some more sweet performance gains :D

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Anyone here have golf R headlights(reps)(no LED). I got a set off kijiji like 6 months ago and have not put them in yet due to the fact that its missing the retainer clip that holds the bulb in place. I went to VW and got DS2 (thats the bulb it takes) retaining clips but they don't fit (too small). H7 HID adapters are also too small. Wondering if anyone that has em can shoot a pic of what it looks like or if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the bulb stay in place...the guy I got them from said the MK5 DS2 clip will fit but he is wrong.

tBass84

Ready to race!
Hi all! I read a couple months back that someone (I don’t remember which company) was planning on releasing a transmission tune for the 6-spd Automatic. Does anyone know who that might be? I’ve been searching for the post forever lol Thanks!

_Nick_

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got an apr carbonio. Wasn't to bad to install had to move some of the wires for my fog lights. The intake really improves the throttle response.