GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FrankenTurbo F23T Review and build thread.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
I heard from a friend that force fed engineering in deer park put one on a leased 2013 and put down 350whp and 400ft tq on a moderate eurodyne tune. I think I'll be jumping on this too.

LOL i can picture turning it in at the lease end

"the hole on the side of the block where the rod went through is smaller than a credit car....so we're good right?" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Definitely man! I guess I didn't express how great that is UNTUNED.

Again, thanks for being the guinea pig and putting up the money to do all this stuff. Seems like a dog and pony show for you considering your history but the enthusiast community is all the better for the "Top 3 percenters" (Big turbo guys, track enthusiasts, show car folks pushing the envelope)

Gives me one of the few precious reasons to come to this place still despite Stage 1 tune thread number 234234324324 or whats the cheapest and best (insert part here) i can get.
+1:D

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
This is awesome. I was thinking K04. But if APR can get a tune for this there's a good possibility that I might jump on it. I dont wanna switch tuners. I need my program switching.

Sorry not going to happen for you. APR has their K04 kit and software. They won't be making a tune for this.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Yes, Unitronic does do custom tunes. SO does APR for that matter.
Just gotta pay to play

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Yes, Unitronic does do custom tunes. SO does APR for that matter.
Just gotta pay to play

This.

Custom tunes from anyone costs custom dollars. For big turbo there is huge power benifits so dollars to power is well worth it IMO. For this you gain 10-15% over regular ko4. Z can tell you he has over 2 k invested in his tune on his EFR. so things are mot quite as cheap as they first look. Also, know this after the 3 renditions of my build (on of which is back up for sale, baby on the way).

I do like the hybrid idea 350whp all day, but you can get that with a ko4 with a w/m file. You are also closing in on BT prices when all done.

just my 2cents

TrboGTi

Ready to race!
If a reputable company comes out with software, this is the route i'm going. You get gt28rs power or better for much less, plus it's a simple bolt-on. All that needs to be done is control the initial boost spike to help with reliability. Maybe spike at 25 and hold 25. It's that initial nasty spike that gets rods most of the time.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
If a reputable company comes out with software, this is the route i'm going. You get gt28rs power or better for much less, plus it's a simple bolt-on. All that needs to be done is control the initial boost spike to help with reliability. Maybe spike at 25 and hold 25. It's that initial nasty spike that gets rods most of the time.

Yea that spike scared the crap out of me. Mostly due to way too much preload on the wastegate actuator. Left the car as is. Will probably head down and readjust the preload on monday and have it measured.

Yea 25 psi would be great for DD.

A/F looked good so our cars can handle it no problem. Yea I'm not in for spending a ton on a custom tune. I'm waiting on both GIAC to finish up their FSi tunng and for Eurodyne to fine tune theirs.