GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE stage 1 vs Stage 2

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone here have any inputs/opinions on IE's stage 1 & 2 tunes? Debating on which one to get. How does the stage 1 hold up against the 2 with SRI? By looking at the dynos it seems like the stage 1 creates less power obviously, but it will create its power over the whole rev range. Unlike the stage 2 which only creates power over 5200rpm.

Ive spoken to people on the stage 2 but nobody on the stage 1. Anyone have it and can pass on their opinions on it?

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
dafuq?

If its like any other tune 1 & 2 the stage 2 will hold the power further into red line. I'm stage 1 APR and I notice when I quit pulling big time near the higher RPMS. stage 2 should minimize this.

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
You are right the stage 2 pulls way harder into the high rpm, but does not increase any hp or tq before 5200rpm. Where as stage 1 drops way off past 5500rpm but creates much more power below the 5200rpm range. Also this is for a N/a 2.5L just to make it clear

KittehKinsMK6

Ready to race!
You are right the stage 2 pulls way harder into the high rpm, but does not increase any hp or tq before 5200rpm. Where as stage 1 drops way off past 5500rpm but creates much more power below the 5200rpm range. Also this is for a N/a 2.5L just to make it clear

Forgive me if I am wrong.... But if that's the case then your car would be no different than the Civic Si in terms of power delivery.... I imagine that you would still get that instant 170hp that motor puts out until 5200 then your awesome SRI power will come much like the V-TEC at high RPMs. To me, I would say stage 2 is the way to go. I had a 2.5 and to me didn't seem too slow on the start but don't forget if you're pulling hard from 5200 to lets say 7500 wherever the power band stops with that manifold then when you shift it wil got back to that 5200 range and you will stay in power. The 2.5 isn't a slug down low imo then when you bring it high you will take off no issue... Please tell me that makes sense?

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
Forgive me if I am wrong.... But if that's the case then your car would be no different than the Civic Si in terms of power delivery.... I imagine that you would still get that instant 170hp that motor puts out until 5200 then your awesome SRI power will come much like the V-TEC at high RPMs. To me, I would say stage 2 is the way to go. I had a 2.5 and to me didn't seem too slow on the start but don't forget if you're pulling hard from 5200 to lets say 7500 wherever the power band stops with that manifold then when you shift it wil got back to that 5200 range and you will stay in power. The 2.5 isn't a slug down low imo then when you bring it high you will take off no issue... Please tell me that makes sense?

Yeah that makes 100% sense. And was exactly what I was thinking. However the thing I was looking at is how often will I drive above 5200rpm? Probably 1% of the time. So I would be using that extra power way more by getting the stage 1, if you get where I'm coming from. Just didn't know if anyone ever got it and could feel a difference with it.

KittehKinsMK6

Ready to race!
Yeah that makes 100% sense. And was exactly what I was thinking. However the thing I was looking at is how often will I drive above 5200rpm? Probably 1% of the time. So I would be using that extra power way more by getting the stage 1, if you get where I'm coming from. Just didn't know if anyone ever got it and could feel a difference with it.

I thought the same thing when I considered tuning... even from stage 1 to stage 2.... how often am I going to speed demon from 0 to whatever with 280hp.... the thing is you never know! But what I can tell you from experience is.... having that power is nice and when you have it you'll use it as much as possible but when you don't you'll wish you did ;) trust me its worth it and if you don't get it you'll regret i promise... I wish I would go stage 2 again but im going to settle for stage 1 when i have the money for a reflash. just don't go over board haha. what are the numbers for the setup you want anyways?

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
i think you have to have the SRI to go stage 2.. i thought about getting it, but in a couple months ill be in my mk7 Gti :p

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
i think you have to have the SRI to go stage 2.. i thought about getting it, but in a couple months ill be in my mk7 Gti :p

Yeah you need the SRI for stage 2 which makes it like 4 times more expensive haha but yeah I'd hold off for a gti but my next vehicle will have to have a little more ground clearance and a v8 if you know what I mean lol

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
I love my stage two. Neuspeed catback and a ups catted down pipe. Gotta have catted in California. Also, You don't need an intake for stage 2. I'm running stage two and all you need is the TBE. yeah yeah yeah, you will make more power with the intake or whatever, but I didn't care to spend 50% of what the tune cost for a measly 15 horsepower. Just get the tune and enjoy for a while. Can always add the intake later, but definitely get the tune even if only to stage 1. You will love the car all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KittehKinsMK6

Ready to race!
I love my stage two. Neuspeed catback and a ups catted down pipe. Gotta have catted in California. Also, You don't need an intake for stage 2. I'm running stage two and all you need is the TBE. yeah yeah yeah, you will make more power with the intake or whatever, but I didn't care to spend 50% of what the tune cost for a measly 15 horsepower. Just get the tune and enjoy for a while. Can always add the intake later, but definitely get the tune even if only to stage 1. You will love the car all over again.

He has a 2.5! For him to get awesome power he needs the stage 2 tune with the short runner manifold for his car :p

Jont189

Passed Driver's Ed
Ahh...2.5L. Missed that. Well the formula goes like this regardless of the engine [emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]+[emoji594]=[emoji573]. From my experience. Lol

KittehKinsMK6

Ready to race!
yeah basically. when i had my 2.5L i dreamed of a turbo but then the couple thousand over a 6 year term sounded better haha but the SRI will make that car a beast haha

azthegame

Ready to race!
The torque on stage two is about the same if not less than stock isn't it? Getting that upgrade would only be fun when you are already at speed and you are climbing higher and higher. I rather have the torque throughout the rev range. That's what pushes you into your seat.. I would only go beyond a stage 1 for my 2.5 if I was going to turbo it.