GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake upgrade

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I thought I would revisit this while I am sitting at the stealership waiting for the oil change and they are trying to sell me on the $1500 brake pads (without new rotors). Ya not gonna happen. So I am taking MLue's advice and sticking with stock rotors but was thinking of using Hawk HPS 5.0 pads. Does anyone have any experience with these? Looks like I can get everything for $550 through ECS.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I thought I would revisit this while I am sitting at the stealership waiting for the oil change and they are trying to sell me on the $1500 brake pads (without new rotors). Ya not gonna happen. So I am taking MLue's advice and sticking with stock rotors but was thinking of using Hawk HPS 5.0 pads. Does anyone have any experience with these? Looks like I can get everything for $550 through ECS.
The HPS are pretty good especially for the street.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
That'll be my next weekend project. I've got a little life left on the rears but not much.
Don't let them go low you don't really save much. You will need short tripple square socket bit to get at the caliber bracket bolts and fine teeth flex head ratchet work the best, mine has a handle that extends.

Just saying

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
It's an M16 triple Sqaure correct?

Weird thing the dealer said my brake fluid was cloudy . I just replaced the fluid about 15,000 miles ago. Why would the brake fluid get cloudy so fast?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion

Weird thing the dealer said my brake fluid was cloudy . I just replaced the fluid about 15,000 miles ago. Why would the brake fluid get cloudy so fast?
I use my Motive Power Bleeder(s) to flush and replace fluid but never mixed them so I can't tell you if that is/was the cause.

Most likely, they are just trying to get business by getting you going... .

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
That is a good price. Good looking out. Unfortunately I already have them coming from ecs. I think they were $110 for the 5.0 version. We'll see. I've read a lot of reviews but their so all over the place it's hard to tell. I'll let you know how I feel about them when I get them on.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
That is a good price. Good looking out. Unfortunately I already have them coming from ecs. I think they were $110 for the 5.0 version. We'll see. I've read a lot of reviews but their so all over the place it's hard to tell. I'll let you know how I feel about them when I get them on.
Nah no explanation required or expected, Brakes are very subjective as it's mostly based on feel you either like them or not.

Dartregor

Ready to race!

I believe m14. When i did my suspension everything was m14 or m6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion

Sorry WW I didn't see your question, too busy writing about the cloudy fluid, ... any way its been so long I forget the size, I just remembered its short.