GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone not have issues with their MK6?

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
2010, only 8499 miles, no issues.

Stinger

Ready to race!
2011, 35k miles, fuel pump went out under warranty and replaced in a couple hours. No other problems.

Bryan468

Passed Driver's Ed
2011 gti 55k on it. K04 since 8k miles. Only issue I have had so far is fuel pump around 50k.

miami90

Ready to race!
15k miles, replaced water pump

17k miles, cylinder misfire in the morning, worked fine there after, just an anomaly (I hope)

CSteelGrrl

Ready to race!
2012 GTI with DSG and 14000 km. Stage 1+, lady driver ;) Perfection on wheels!

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nothing has broken/failed on mine, but my rear wiper spray used to leak and there are lots of rattles/creaks from the door seals.

Flippy

Ready to race!
35,000 miles on my 2010 with no issues. Of course my first mod should arrive tomorrow so that could change soon... knock on wood.

Sleeping Forest1

Ready to race!
2011, 70kmiles, 2 water pumps (2nd one was because thermostat inside went bad) intake
manifold, fuel pump & fuel pressure sensor. clog rear wiper and screeching rear right window (dirty)

all under warranty. never looked back.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Yeah I think you can't judge the car with people who have modded it and come on to discuss problems with which may very well be like 90% of the people on this forum... If the car is kept BONE stock from factory for quite some time and you get zero problems, well that's the way it was designed from factory to last longest. Now if you mod the shiet out of it or even a slight mod that affects the performance and you get problems, well, it's no longer factory tune so your car's life expectancy, durability could very well go out the window. It's the risk all tuners/modders take.

doublevanosrc

Feeding My Fast daily
4 months 5500 miles, no problems.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Yeah I think you can't judge the car with people who have modded it and come on to discuss problems with which may very well be like 90% of the people on this forum... If the car is kept BONE stock from factory for quite some time and you get zero problems, well that's the way it was designed from factory to last longest. Now if you mod the shiet out of it or even a slight mod that affects the performance and you get problems, well, it's no longer factory tune so your car's life expectancy, durability could very well go out the window. It's the risk all tuners/modders take.

Yeah, I see that some cars left stock get some of the same issues - like water pumps.

But many other cars on here are modded sometimes extensively modded, and some of the owners of some of these cars grumble about a lack of reliability or durability.

I think it's important to not judge an unmodded car against much of that.

65Strad

Ready to race!
Totally stock 26,600 miles. Zero rattles, wind noise, or squeaks. Water pump at
11k under warranty, and driver seat back heating element went out. Also warranty.

I don't consider these a big deal. Love the car, DSG is amazing.

aimalick

Ready to race!
realtalk: people who dont have problems talk a lot less than people who do. for every person on the forums bitching, there are 500 with no problems. get one with a warranty, you'll know if you got a bad one by the time the warranty is up, and you can get rid of it once that 3 years is up if you like.

i bought mine used at 45k miles, and paid $1600 for an extended bumper to bumper warranty good up to 100k miles. I'll get rid of it by then unless i hold onto it for the kid, peace of mind is sweet. this car is sweet.. one with a warranty is sweetest.

Tayrob

Passed Driver's Ed
40k, APR stg 1 since 5k , thankfully no issues yet. had a wonky start once where the dash lit up like a christmas tree but a quick off/on cycle cleared it up, might have been the -15 temps out for the first time hahahah