GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo to max out stock engine capabilities (K04, F23T, GT Series, others...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeez

Ready to race!
I think you're reading the wrong thread, because no one here has said that they have gotten their BT kit w/tuning for the same price as a K04 kit w/tuning. Or even for a $300 difference. Power isn't cheap.

A new GTX kit with tuning for $3k? Show me.

K04 to BT by just swapping the turbo and tune? The only way you're doing that is with an ATP stock location turbo and manifold setup. Nothing new there, a quick search could've told you that. That's the cheapest way to BT and it's still not the same price as K04...nor is it a "$300 difference".

We have 2 massive BT threads where you can learn all about this and what goes into getting a BT on your GTI.

Reported for spending too much time on reply post. Excessive use of emojis and bold font. Reported x2.

Buddy, I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

If a person goes K04 first then e.g. ATP GTX kit and custom tune successfully, then what we can learn from that is that we can go straight to the GTX kit. I'm sure that some of the people that went K04 first then GTX would've wanted to save their money if they had the opportunity and the knowledge the second time around.

If you had :readthethread: you would have seen that what I had said was I wouldn't mind getting a GTX setup for $500-$1000 more as long as there's a healthy margin in power, like 40whp. Still cheaper than the basic e.g. 5.5k APR kit. But as people said, if you choose this path you're in uncharted territory a little as far as reliability/driveability goes.

Also, your lack of logic and reading ability is disturbing. The bolded part in the quote above is exactly what came out of this thread...there's people that got good info from this thread, so as far as I'm concerned, this thread helped a few people.

But again, you didn't :readthethread:

I did not find anything like your above quoted/bolded statement in another post on the forum, what can I say...you could've directed this thread there like a normal human being.

But no...

You join in on like the 10th page of the thread just to bitch...you could have been respectful about it but you had to start trolling. And on top of that you're accusing me of clickbait...:clap:. Big bad brave keyboard warrior.

:attention_whore: and classic case of internet troll.

And you're still bitching. That's 2 posts now.

:dnftt:

P.S.: Thanks to you this thread has more popcorn viewers now apparently. :cool: So in essence you're assisting me with my alleged "clickbait" efforts :lol::happyanim::clap::thumbup::bellyroll:

Thanks buddy.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
I found a used apr stage 3 kit (old gt28rs), and had it rebuilt to a forced performance hta2873. Had a custom tune and did 360whp at 26psi. Definitely had more in it.

That was ~ $2200 I think. You can do it for cheap, but you gotta be patient as hell.

jeez

Ready to race!
I found a used apr stage 3 kit (old gt28rs), and had it rebuilt to a forced performance hta2873. Had a custom tune and did 360whp at 26psi. Definitely had more in it.

That was ~ $2200 I think. You can do it for cheap, but you gotta be patient as hell.

That a nice result. But was it $2200 just used or used and rebuilt? What other mods also?

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Buddy, I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

If a person goes K04 first then e.g. ATP GTX kit and custom tune successfully, then what we can learn from that is that we can go straight to the GTX kit. I'm sure that some of the people that went K04 first then GTX would've wanted to save their money if they had the opportunity and the knowledge the second time around.

If you had :readthethread: you would have seen that what I had said was I wouldn't mind getting a GTX setup for $500-$1000 more as long as there's a healthy margin in power, like 40whp. Still cheaper than the basic e.g. 5.5k APR kit. But as people said, if you choose this path you're in uncharted territory a little as far as reliability/driveability goes.

Also, your lack of logic and reading ability is disturbing. The bolded part in the quote above is exactly what came out of this thread...there's people that got good info from this thread, so as far as I'm concerned, this thread helped a few people.

But again, you didn't :readthethread:

I did not find anything like your above quoted/bolded statement in another post on the forum, what can I say...you could've directed this thread there like a normal human being.

But no...

You join in on like the 10th page of the thread just to bitch...you could have been respectful about it but you had to start trolling. And on top of that you're accusing me of clickbait...:clap:. Big bad brave keyboard warrior.

:attention_whore: and classic case of internet troll.

And you're still bitching. That's 2 posts now.

:dnftt:

P.S.: Thanks to you this thread has more popcorn viewers now apparently. :cool: So in essence you're assisting me with my alleged "clickbait" efforts :lol::happyanim::clap::thumbup::bellyroll:

Thanks buddy.

There's no hope for you bro. The ATP kits have been around forever, people know about them, we also know that you can go straight to them. I'm the first one to tell people to skip K04 and go with a real turbo. Your thread has not brought us any new info, so idk what you're talking about. The BT threads have the answers to your questions. These questions have been asked and answered everytime someone gets the itch for BT.

If you would've just read the two BT threads, you'd have less questions. I understand, it's easier to have people spoon feed shit to you instead of looking for it.

Why you so mad sweetheart? The clickbait thing was a troll, I know you're new here.

jeez

Ready to race!
There's no hope for you bro. The ATP kits have been around forever, people know about them, we also know that you can go straight to them. I'm the first one to tell people to skip K04 and go with a real turbo. Your thread has not brought us any new info, so idk what you're talking about. The BT threads have the answers to your questions. These questions have been asked and answered everytime someone gets the itch for BT.

If you would've just read the two BT threads, you'd have less questions. I understand, it's easier to have people spoon feed shit to you instead of looking for it.

Why you so mad sweetheart? The clickbait thing was a troll, I know you're new here.

Haha, not mad baby, just thankful! You still gave me viewers for free and boy are the clicks generating $$$$ for my BT build!

Thanks again :thumbup: and go back to the troll cave you crawled out of, baby!

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
That a nice result. But was it $2200 just used or used and rebuilt? What other mods also?

Used kit was 1000
Tune was 600
Rebuild was 600

So kit was around that. Probably has another 100 into odds and ends to make it work.

I had quite a few bolt on mods, intercooler, mounts, clutch, ect. And anyone contemplating a big turbo kit should already have all the basic bolt on done already. I did have a stock cat back though.

jeez

Ready to race!
Used kit was 1000
Tune was 600
Rebuild was 600

So kit was around that. Probably has another 100 into odds and ends to make it work.

I had quite a few bolt on mods, intercooler, mounts, clutch, ect. And anyone contemplating a big turbo kit should already have all the basic bolt on done already. I did have a stock cat back though.

Good info, thank you.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Alrighty then. I think we've gotten all the meaningfulness we're going to get out of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.