GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Short shifter + Bushing's misshap + Need part #

Noodle1

Ready to race!
So I just installed a spulen short shifter and torque solution bushings
Install was longer then expected but everything was sorted out except one thing.
Not my pic but that little clip keeps popping off, the bushings are on flush and i heard the clip snap into place but its like the clip is still not on the whole way, anyone able to help?

http://gtireview.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/20150620_173301-1024x576.jpg

Thanks in advance

Edit: I just lost the stupid thing, anyone have a part # and is it really important? as in can I drive slowly without it?

Last edited:

11gti718

Ready to race!
It's still driveable if secured properly. That clip prevents the shifter arm from lifting up. If it lifts off while driving; you wont be able to shift. If i were you i'd wait until you get the clip and do it right. You dont want to end up stuck on the side of the road unable to shift.

Noodle1

Ready to race!
It's still driveable if secured properly. That clip prevents the shifter arm from lifting up. If it lifts off while driving; you wont be able to shift. If i were you i'd wait until you get the clip and do it right. You dont want to end up stuck on the side of the road unable to shift.

If it lifts off its no biggie, because of my intake I have decent access to it if the endlink does pop off, and I'm only going to drive like 2 miles to school and back, thanks for the reply thoigh

Andrew429

Ready to race!
the dealer probably has them in stock also, I snapped the plastic clip and they had that in stock