GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

Walahmelons

Because they seem to have decent reviews. I'm in college and don't have a much of a budget. I will change them once I graduate, but I do not like my ride height atm.

clownish

just clowning around
Going from 18x8, ET42 225/40/18 to 19x8.5, ET47 235/35/19 and lowered on PSS10's.
Any problems with this?

I rubbed like crazy. Same specs. Same coils. Had my fenders widened and rolled, rears just a little shaved on the inside by my body guy. Running about -2 camber all the way around also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Because they seem to have decent reviews. I'm in college and don't have a much of a budget. I will change them once I graduate, but I do not like my ride height atm.
I got a set of fk's for 500 Canadian. They do the job man. Not everyone can spend 1000+

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I rubbed like crazy. Same specs. Same coils. Had my fenders widened and rolled, rears just a little shaved on the inside by my body guy. Running about -2 camber all the way around also.
Lol, .... I run -2 all round too and my car isn't even lowered.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Before I get in on some July 4th sales ...

GTI on DG springs. Any issues with rubbing with:

235/45 17x8 ET40?

235/45 17x7.5 ET43?

ahard48

Ready to race!
Question for all you rolled fender guys out there. My fronts are rolled and my tire is rubbing on the fender liner. I have done the fender screw "mod" and since there is now screw holding it up and its rolled, the liner has no where to attach to and its just hanging there. Any tips or ideas on what you have done to get the liner out of the way before cutting it. Zip ties? I can update with a picture on lunch for better idea.

PNW_GABE

Question for all you rolled fender guys out there. My fronts are rolled and my tire is rubbing on the fender liner. I have done the fender screw "mod" and since there is now screw holding it up and its rolled, the liner has no where to attach to and its just hanging there. Any tips or ideas on what you have done to get the liner out of the way before cutting it. Zip ties? I can update with a picture on lunch for better idea.

Cut it away. Only about an inch or so was necessary for me but never rubbed up front since.

ahard48

Ready to race!
Any concerns with the outside elements getting into the wheel well behind liner? As of now this is my daily and concerned about winter salt behind fender liner. But in reality would only an inch create that much concern?

Secondly, for cutting, did you do it with the liner on and mark where it rubbed and just cut in a semi circle around rubbing area?

PNW_GABE

Don’t get much snow where I’m
From (Seattle area) but I daily drove mine with no weather damage. Also I just took off the wheel and cut away.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
Looking to get a set of 19x8 et39. Could I run a 215/35?? Or what would be the bet tire size to get the best “stretch-ish”

Subzeuro

18x8.5 et43 up front, 18x9.5 et43 rears 225/40 all around, gti lowered on h&r ss, will it fit? Anything ill need to do? Issues ill run into?