GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Engine Mounts

DarkCloak

Banned
After going K04 it is really obvious that I need new engine mounts due to wheel hop. I've searched through this and other sites and still have a couple of questions.

1. I plan to replace all the engine mounts. I notice some people only replace one. Wouldn't replacing all three with the same design result in less vibration?

2. Does anyone have a DIY?

3. What brand is best. I only knbow of VF engineering and BSH. Are there others?

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Im currently selling VF motor mounts both engine and trans if your interested. They have exactly 202 miles on them and are practically brand new.

crew219

Banned
some people have had the INA/034 go bad...that paired with the reviews i have read on the bfi mounts having very little vibration have changed my mind...i want it to be solid as my daily

Funny, I switched from VFs to the 034s. Much smoother on a daily basis. I am still using the VF pendulum and opted not to install the 034 subframe mount as I've heard tons of bad feedback. The side mounts are good though.

Stanielz

Ready to race!
some people have had the INA/034 go bad...that paired with the reviews i have read on the bfi mounts having very little vibration have changed my mind...i want it to be solid as my daily

I recall someone saying a BFI mount insert caused enough vibration to fool the knock sensor into pulling timing =X.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
Funny, I switched from VFs to the 034s. Much smoother on a daily basis. I am still using the VF pendulum and opted not to install the 034 subframe mount as I've heard tons of bad feedback. The side mounts are good though.
yeah the VF's are very stiff...i like the 034's except i until i read a few people had them fail after 10k miles

I recall someone saying a BFI mount insert caused enough vibration to fool the knock sensor into pulling timing =X.

maybe the stage 2...those are ridiculously stiff

crew219

Banned
yeah the VF's are very stiff...i like the 034's except i until i read a few people had them fail after 10k miles

Which part failed? I haven't seen any failures of the engine mounts, just the subframe mount.

DarkCloak

Banned
What is the vibration like? Does it come through the steering wheel or the chassis? It can't be as bad or annoying as the wheel hop induced viration.

Are there any dynamic engine mounts availale like the new Porsche 911s have? They are torque dependant. This results in them being soft like rubber around town but stiff like urethane when you are dogging it.

DarkCloak

Banned
so basically dont use the lower mount lol.

I was under the impression that the vibrations occured when you only replace 1 0r 2 of the mounts rather thant all 3. Energy takes the path of least resistance and since urethane is stiffer aless absorbent than rubber the energy is all transfered into th single urethane mount.