GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gunkata’s “S3” A3 2.0T Quattro K04 Build

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
well the bottom end is better stock, but i do miss some of the top end finisher. maybe the K04 will change my mind about needing an intake.

I hear ya. I mean, I still may get one , but for now, holding out pretty hard with other stuff still be done. k04 makes enough noises , lol.. its like a monster under the hood , growlin' and shit... :cool:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
hmmmmm.. maybe later then! :lol:

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I would think the same as well. With all the extra airflow the K04 pulls I think an intake would really help out. Also, it looks bad ass so that's at least 10hp right there!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I have a good opportunity for a barely used modshack at a great price compared to the carbonio. I think the carbonio looks 10x better though... decisions decisions..

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I have a good opportunity for a barely used modshack at a great price compared to the carbonio. I think the carbonio looks 10x better though... decisions decisions..

Do you drive with your hood open?

Besides, I thought you wanted stealth...the Modshack is a bit quieter.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Do you drive with your hood open?

Besides, I thought you wanted stealth...the Modshack is a bit quieter.

haha, no, but when the dealer opens up the hood they are gonna be like, "WTF is this mini-trash can looking thing?!?!" I'm still thinking on it - the price is very good.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
haha, no, but when the dealer opens up the hood they are gonna be like, "WTF is this mini-trash can looking thing?!?!" I'm still thinking on it - the price is very good.

LOL yeah, carbonio gives me a carbonerio. I love the look of the CF.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Finally got it together with BB and got it ordered/paid for their downpipe catted and resonated. Stoked.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion

IMO, you can't go wrong running the carbonio since APR designed their tune with it in mind.

That said, if you're looking for something a little quieter, Modshack would be my next choice.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
IMO, you can't go wrong running the carbonio since APR designed their tune with it in mind.

That said, if you're looking for something a little quieter, Modshack would be my next choice.

I'm going with the used local modshack. Price is awesome and it would be nice to have something quieter than the carbonio, even though I don't think its that loud, but the K04 makes a lot of grunts on its own, lol.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I'm going with the used local modshack. Price is awesome and it would be nice to have something quieter than the carbonio, even though I don't think its that loud, but the K04 makes a lot of grunts on its own, lol.

Nice, I'm sure if you don't like the looks after a while you can always find someone to trade with.