GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs Boxster

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
You MIGHT be able to hang with an older boxster. A newer one would leave you in the dust.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
ive driven an 05 boxster a few times and they are fun to drive. i got it up to about 160 on the autobahn. if i were to own a boxster i would have to live with the fact that when a 911 drives by i would feel bad cuz i couldnt quite afford one so im stuck with a boxster. although the best time i ever had driving was when i was on the autobahn in the porsche and i found another porsche boxster so i chased after it at about 150 mph or so. it lasted for a while then it turned off the autobahn. just driving among other porsches for a brief moment was so much fun.:thumbup:

krische

vdubber in training
And he still owes me a ten second car...

hey, he was just listening to Vin Diesel. "Smoke 'em"

Biff

Ready to race!
Yeah, I usually feel the same but ever stopped to wonder just maybe the other guy wasn't trying to race ya. Maybe? Thought about it? A little?:cool:

I was just joking. I'm a huge Porsche fan and know my performance data. And I never street race.

Last edited:

07CARRERA

Ready to race!
It doesn't matter what car is really 'better' between the two. The GTI wins hands down. have you guys ever driven a boxster for an extended period of time?

What a waste of money.

my dad and I often swap cars and he has an 07 Boxter S and I will say it will kick the GTI in the arse! The acceleration is smooth and quick, the handling is need I say incredible and the feedback you get from the steering wheel is only topped by an F1 car. That's why people by Porsches. I think I've read somewhere too that it always wins as one of the best driving and handling cars out there. Hmm, was it MT, C&D, R&T, Top Gear, Automobile?

harddrivin1le1

Ready to race!
my dad and I often swap cars and he has an 07 Boxter S and I will say it will kick the GTI in the arse! The acceleration is smooth and quick, the handling is need I say incredible and the feedback you get from the steering wheel is only topped by an F1 car. That's why people by Porsches. I think I've read somewhere too that it always wins as one of the best driving and handling cars out there. Hmm, was it MT, C&D, R&T, Top Gear, Automobile?

The Boxster S is in a different league than the GTI in terms of acceleration, braking and overall handling and is a one of the best handling street cars in the world - at any price.

And you're right - the steering is very communicative and "alive." Nice car and a very nice chassis. Big money by most people's standards, though...

Biff

Ready to race!
Probably all of them. A recent C&D said the Spyder was the best handling of the Porsches (light weight). The Boxster/Cayman steering is often referred to as telepathic. You can't go wrong with Stuttgart on the label.