GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.4 TSI tuning

Wheat

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking into getting some more power out my 1.4 tsi (its the one without the supercharger thats 122bhp stock).

[/URL][/IMG]

Mods so far:

- Remap from AMD Essex
- Supersprint de-catted exhaust
- K&N induction kit
- Forge diverter valve

Currently running around 165-170 bhp looking to get it closer to 200..

Anyone done any tuning with these engines or know of any?
Bigger turbo?
Intercooler?
Stage 2 software?

All suggestions welcome :)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
What lip is that? Looks awesome!

As far as the mods I'd look into a intercooler upgrade next. Not sure what all our 2.0TSI and your 1.4TSI share but I'd be willing to bet the intercoolers are the same. I ran a God Speed or "GSP" version 1 "twintercooler on my Gti and it made a big differance.

Wheat

Passed Driver's Ed
What lip is that? Looks awesome!

As far as the mods I'd look into a intercooler upgrade next. Not sure what all our 2.0TSI and your 1.4TSI share but I'd be willing to bet the intercoolers are the same. I ran a God Speed or "GSP" version 1 "twintercooler on my Gti and it made a big differance.

Thanks! Found the lip on ebay it made by a company called 'Concept RS'

The intercooler system on the 122 version of the 1.4TSI is integrated in the inlet manifold and does not have a front mounted intercooler, however I would like to look into fitting a front mounted intercooler as I assume it would work alot better than the integrated one...

Ryanmoore29

I have a standard 122 with just a custom remap and she's running 164bhp with rolling road, looking at getting a full decat system and induction over the next few months, then get it remapped again and be hoping for a bit more power 200bhp doesn't seem too far fetched

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! Found the lip on ebay it made by a company called 'Concept RS'

The intercooler system on the 122 version of the 1.4TSI is integrated in the inlet manifold and does not have a front mounted intercooler, however I would like to look into fitting a front mounted intercooler as I assume it would work alot better than the integrated one...

Your car looks great, I like what you have done there. Great wheel setup and the front looks very nice.

I think I read where the 1.4 guys can run a separate front-mounted intercooler. Also since the 1.4 is not sold in North America I don't know too much about it, but....

...I'll leave this here for you:
http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_14tsi.html

And I'm sure if APR doesn't have a big presence in the UK, someone else does, like Revo or UM.