GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Multi cylinder misfire; Oil on plugs; Bad Turbo?

Dear All,

3 days ago, while starting my MK6 GTI from a cold parking lot, I got a engine that was dying, but then started and ran fine after a few minutes of moderate (2k rpm) revving. MIL did not come on.

2days ago, again car did not want to start, car started and ran well after 2 mins of gentle revving; seemed like there was misfire; connected newly acquired OBD II connector with Wifi to my phone and saw the code: P0300 and P0302; P0304 (Multi cylinder misfire on cylinders 2 and 4). Car ran fine after that with MIL on.

Yesterday: Started car to drop my infant off to day care; Car was again not startig smoothly; but then ran fine after 30 seconds or so with MIL light on. I meant to take it to the service station after dropping kid off; but car started misfiring badly on the way to daycare; OBD was on, and saw misfire on 3 cylinders (P0301 added to the list); then MIL started blinking. Somehow got to daycare and then to a local service shop.

Shop said that oil was very dirty (had chnaged it only 2 k miles before) and that plugs were dirty and were fouling. Is suspecting bad turbo and now I have to tow the car to the dealership.

What are your thoughts on these symptoms and could you suggest next steps?

Thanks!

Sid