GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tired of my car being underestimated..

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Alright,

I know Golfs aren't the most flashy cars ever, but this is getting boring....while my car isn't super fast, but it's too quick to be compared to some cars people compare mine to...

No one that sees my car or sits in it expects it to be any fast....people point at v6 Altimas and think they are faster than my car...or 4.6L mustangs...heck or even a v6 maxima....today a friend wondered if i *hold* with a GMC sierra...

Now, i don't like too much attention on the road, i like surprising people, but sometimes i feel like people think that i drive a BS slow car...like a nissan versa, a honda fit or a base model mini cooper..

Not that i bought my car to impress people, but let's be real here, it still matters.

Who else is starting to get tired of this whole situation?

How do you deal with it? defend or just go with whatever people say..?

Uberryan

Banned
Not tired enough to make a rant about it. That's what catless straight 3" exhausts are for, and 3" catbacks with no res or muffler. If you sound fast, people think you are fast... according to honda owners.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
I don't get bothered by it, but people compare my car to this, which a friend of mine has. I just give them a :confused: look

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Lmao looks like i am not alone then :p

That mazda is a beast lol...but it's a hatchback, so it's a GTI eh..

Might pick up a catback just for that reason...looking for something 3" and not crazy loud..

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I have the opposite issue. I have a R and people think its some kind of sports car. Sporty yes. Here in the U.S. the V6 accords and camry's are just as fast. My R isn't much faster than my F-150. But I have suprised a few people yes with them thinking its a normal golf.

The R and GTI look basically the same according to everyone on our car forum, when i posted photos from our shoot (R and GTIs) most of them are like "one got leds, the other doesn't?" but they know nothing about these cars.

indelibility

Passed Driver's Ed
i know you probably posted this just to see what people have to say, but in general you shouldnt worry about your friends trash talking on your car, only people who drive it know its a good combination of speed and a hint of luxury. if you want people to stop talking shit go ko4 or something. all my friends drive shitty cars so they dont talk at all.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
i know you probably posted this just to see what people have to say, but in general you shouldnt worry about your friends trash talking on your car, only people who drive it know its a good combination of speed and a hint of luxury. if you want people to stop talking shit go ko4 or something. all my friends drive shitty cars so they dont talk at all.

Well your post is quiet useful actually....my budd is a hardcore V8 fan, he has a v6 camry..he sits in my car and he refuses to believe that i JUST pulled on those cars he look at as if they were Ferraris..

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
Then that friend of yours is just quite ignorant. The only way to prove them wrong is to do a couple of pullaways and see who is faster :thumbsup:

ImmI

Ready to race!