GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Volkswagen R Engine Replacement

alangarnett

3 weeks after delivery of my new VW R, a water pump problem caused a critical belt to be shredded, and my engine, transmission, and clutch had to be replaced under warranty. Are there similar instances of such problems with this new model?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
sweet jesus...

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
" i went and bought a lemon"? lol

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
3 weeks after delivery of my new VW R, a water pump problem caused a critical belt to be shredded, and my engine, transmission, and clutch had to be replaced under warranty. Are there similar instances of such problems with this new model?

So I am guessing your timing belt popped after the water pump bit the dust. Why the transmission though?

SworksR20

Passed Driver's Ed
How the hell is this happening? What mods are you people running that is destroying these engines? How hard was it driven?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
First and only post so far...

copizza

Ready to race!
Why do people get in such a darn tizzy. It happens. I Had a 77k Range Rover with a similar situation. Engine replaced. So what.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Why do people get in such a darn tizzy. It happens. I Had a 77k Range Rover with a similar situation. Engine replaced. So what.
Not sure if serious
Its kind of a big deal if your entire drivetrain gets replaced 3 weeks into you owning the car...

copizza

Ready to race!
Not sure if serious
Its kind of a big deal if your entire drivetrain gets replaced 3 weeks into you owning the car...

Very serious. It happens. It happened to me. So what. It gets fixed. Thats what a warranty is for.

If you dont want the car raise a stink, check out the lemon laws. Otherwise, he is getting the exact same car back. And yes it sucks.

Make sure they give a driver for the time its in the shop.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Very serious. It happens. It happened to me. So what. It gets fixed. Thats what a warranty is for.

If you dont want the car raise a stink, check out the lemon laws. Otherwise, he is getting the exact same car back. And yes it sucks.

Make sure they give a driver for the time its in the shop.

Well I am waiting for someone else to chip in. But pretty sure DBESTGTI and a few others reported quite a few R total engine loss issues...