GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone replaced only the N215/N216 valve in their DSG mechatronic unit?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
My car started acting up recently getting p1815 codes short to B+ N215. Basically if you start to drive in 1st gear for a while it will slip into a false neutral until you restart or put into neutral and back to D. It seems to be temp dependent too if it will act up more often and if you can shift to 2nd quickly the rest of the gears are fine. This is obviously a mechatronic issue.

Tries doing a few DSG basic settings and no luck.

Just curious if anyone has replaced the solenoid only. I would hate to replace the entire mechatronic since I would lose my DSG tune too. I see they sell refurbed ones on ebay for ~35 each and refurb mechatronic units for under 600.

Car is really kicking my ass lately. Just had the entire DSG trans out for rear main seal and flywheel in December and this would have been way easier to take out then.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
When Excelerate did my LSD they had an issue with one of the solenoids too, car totally lost reverse. Thankfully they were able to pull the solenoid from a spare mecha unit they had on hand and replace it. I'll check to see what solenoid it was, but I bet if you found a specialty VW shop they might be able to get just the solenoid.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
Are you already solved the problem by changing solenoid N215?

Would like to know as well.

Also, this site has a ton of DQ250 parts including solenoids at reasonable prices. I ordered a handful of parts for my LSD and clutch install from them. Only issue is shipping speed has been painfully slow

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I never did fix it, apparently my DSG wont allow me to do basic settings anymore and starts to throw n216 n215 codes and pops out of gear. Ive tested this out in a variety of conditions. I figured out a way to get around it by driving the car in manual mode and shifting out the early gears as quick as possible for about an hour or so and the trans relearns how to drive normally again and the codes go away. Sucks but it seems to drive normally after doing the little trick.

alfonsin577

I never did fix it, apparently my DSG wont allow me to do basic settings anymore and starts to throw n216 n215 codes and pops out of gear. Ive tested this out in a variety of conditions. I figured out a way to get around it by driving the car in manual mode and shifting out the early gears as quick as possible for about an hour or so and the trans relearns how to drive normally again and the codes go away. Sucks but it seems to drive normally after doing the little trick.

Now your code P1815 N215 never come out ?
Now your car work normally ?