GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Was this ever a debate? Has the clutch in the mk6 been handed down from the mk1 rabbit? You put a CAI on your car and it’s already more than it could possibly handle. No thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love ya phur but I'd rather pay 1k for a clutch vs paying a 1200 premium for dsg when buying the car only to still need another 6-800 tcu tune to fix a factory vw issue with their software

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Let's not forget the expensive 600 (dealer priced) dsg service every 40k miles :iono:

Shameless plug for you local dsg owners...I do the service for about half the cost of a dealer. Hit me up I'll save you money

800 at my old dealership. Fucking crime lol. Saved so much money driving to you and back that one Saturday [emoji23][emoji23]

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Was this ever a debate? Has the clutch in the mk6 been handed down from the mk1 rabbit? You put a CAI on your car and it’s already more than it could possibly handle. No thank you.

It's not that bad. I'm on still on stock clutch with stage 1. I think a lot of it depends on the driver.

Phur

Autocross Champion
ChiChat 18: Dubya Obtains License To Shoot People

It's not that bad. I'm on still on stock clutch with stage 1. I think a lot of it depends on the driver.

The fact that APR has separate low torque tunes for people with manuals makes me feel otherwise. I can’t speak from experience. That just very much makes it seem like it is a major weak point. (After lack of traction) [emoji6]

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
The fact that APR has separate low torque tunes for people with manuals makes me feel otherwise. I can’t speak from experience. That just very much makes it seem like it is a major weak point. (After lack of traction) [emoji6]

Frank ran a k04 setup on stock clutch for years with no slipping :iono:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

i was stock clutch until i tried flashing stage 2. instant slippage.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Frank ran a k04 setup on stock clutch for years with no slipping :iono:

The other dasauto guy on here ran his stock clutch forever til he felt like upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.