GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stealth Box. Sub/Amp/Box install. DIY. *lots of pictures*

305GTI

Ready to race!
Instead of starting a whole new thread I would like to ask a quick question to MikeyP or anyone else with the knowledge.

I have just ordered the PBR300x1 to power the subwoofer. How easy would it be to add a PBR300x4 (4 channel) at the same time to power the door speakers, and is this even possible?

walker

Go Kart Newbie
bookmarked for future reference. This is waaaayy down the line for me. How would you wire it if using two subs? It'd be cool to have that box mirrored on the other side, with cut outs for the OEM tools!

Also I have just the base model GTI, basic HU no touch screen but I don't see that it would be any different.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Can anyone recommend a small amp (not necessarily as small as the rockford posted about here) that has RCA inputs? I'm connecting mine to my AS-7608 NAV aftermarket headunit and it has sub outputs so I don't want to use the high level input if I don't have to. Then I can control it via my headunit.

D Darko

Ready to race!
Can't link from my phone, but it fits nicely in the righthand foam tray. Space right behind the jack toward the harch door.

mk6fan

Ready to race!
It looks like the sub box is only offered with a 9.125" or 9.25" cut-out but the Pioneer sub you used requires a 9-3/8" cut-out. Did you have to modify your box to make it fit?

D Darko

Ready to race!
I simply confirmed with Nik that this was the sub I was going to use and he made the appropriate cutout. He makes all these boxes to order, so it wasn't a big deal. I decided on that particular sub and amp combo based on his recommendations and my own followup research, and I could not be more pleased. He was very patient with all my questions and responded to them in a timely/professional manner.

mk6fan

Ready to race!
I simply confirmed with Nik that this was the sub I was going to use and he made the appropriate cutout. He makes all these boxes to order, so it wasn't a big deal. I decided on that particular sub and amp combo based on his recommendations and my own followup research, and I could not be more pleased. He was very patient with all my questions and responded to them in a timely/professional manner.

Thanks for all the info. I'm waiting to hear back from him so I can order mine. :thumbsup:

lemarin

Ready to race!
My box is ordered from Nik, I can't wait for the install !!!!

I ordered the same amp/sub combo as this DIY on ebay.....and it's underway as well !

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
By the wat the RF amp does have high level input

it has a plug that you put a head into that ends with 2 rcs plugs. If you want low level, plug in rca's, if you want high level, cut the ends off and wire into speaker wire. There is a switch to set it to low or hi level input.

if you are using high level input, it also has auto on, so you dont have to run a remote wire

305GTI

Ready to race!
Just used this DIY to install the same amp in the same location and tapping behind the stereo. Just a warning to others, the wire for REAR LEFT + was a different color for me (2010 GTI) thankfully I had this post and the wiring diagram pulled up on my Iphone during install.

Also I have a 6SP manual and ended up having to remove the battery to pass my power wire through the firewall, I used one of the nipples in the same grommet I had used for my AWE boost gauge. Overall this DIY was super helpful thanks!

Shoehat

Ready to race!
Just used this DIY to install the same amp in the same location and tapping behind the stereo. Just a warning to others, the wire for REAR LEFT + was a different color for me (2010 GTI) thankfully I had this post and the wiring diagram pulled up on my Iphone during install.

Also I have a 6SP manual and ended up having to remove the battery to pass my power wire through the firewall, I used one of the nipples in the same grommet I had used for my AWE boost gauge. Overall this DIY was super helpful thanks!

Doing this tomorrow and I'm a 2010 6mt also; was the wiring diagram on your iphone correct?
If so, what was the correct color combo for rear left +?