GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went from mr2 spider to s2000 to now gti

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
How come you traded in the Sti evo and 335?

which STI? lol...

Evo wasn't really a great DD for me. STI is better for the DD, but still wasn't doing what I wanted for the long haul. 335xi was almost too lux and disconnected - heavy awd, godawful mpg, and i got paddles instead of MT.... I still think if I went 335i sedan with MT, I'd probably still be in it.

GTI_Dude

Ready to race!
GunKata - I like your list of past rides. :D

My previous cars were 99 Si, 04 WRX, Sil-Eighty, FX35, Cube (hell yea!) and 99 Impreza Outback Sport!

Last edited:

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
My last car was an 06 Jetta 2.0T, and I had that for 3 years and 8 months. That's the longest I've ever owned a car. Every car on the list (in order) was owned for 2 years or less, other than the aforementioned Jetta.

85 Honda Civic
87 Acura Integra
97 VW Jetta GT
94 Jeep Wrangler
00 VW GTI VR6
97 Jeep Wrangler
98 VW Passat
00 BMW M Roadster
02 BMW 323 Wagon
04 Jetta 1.8T Wagon
06 Jetta 2.0T
11 GTI

That's not counting my wife's vehicles. :D

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Holy crap you guys are fortunate to have cars over there that are so cheap and easily obtainable. Here in sunny South Africa, cars are MOER (nice Afrikaans word for you there) expensive!

My past rides were:

1999 Opel Corsa 1.3i
2002 Opel Corsa GSi
2004 VW Jetta 1.8T Executive (I miss her)
current 2011 GTi DSG

The Opels were nothing but trouble. I have subsequently forbidden myself to ever buying another Opel again and I've converted to VW/AUDI/Porsche :)

The car I would have LOVED to own and modify is that 1998 MK2 Toyota Supra. Sadly we never got them in South Africa. What a bummer. I've never even been in one :(

GTI_Dude

Ready to race!
I was considering a fx35 what was wrong with that car? And how come you didn't like the cube.

FX35 was good for DD, but MPG sucks hairy balls. I averaged 17 MPG. I didn't want to spend 400/month on gas. So I got rid of the FX and bought a Cube. Cube was a good on gas and great for DD. I actually got lot of compliments from girls, saying how cute it was. :) I sold the Cube when i bought my house. Then eventually I got the GTI. Couldn't be more happier.

beedee

S2000-->baby-->G35 6 speed sedan-->2nd baby-->tired of shifting in LA traffic-->2010 GTI w/DSG.
It's my favorite of the three for many reasons

mike444

Passed Driver's Ed
Love reading threads of what others have come from. I've been stalking this sight for a couple of months now as I really want a GTI. I'm 40 and my wife tells me to grow up and by a 5 series or something equally grow up. I currently own an 04 325i that is nice but slow and not a lot of room. I'm also looking at the Acura RDX.

79 Dodge Challenger
80 Datsun 280zx
87 Honda Civic Si
92 Nissan Sentra SE-R
94 Honda Civic Si
98 Toyota 4Runner
90 Mazda Miata (turned in race car)
06 Subara WRX (only new car ever owned)
04 BMW 325i with sport pacakge
next on wish list 2012 VW GTI Autobahn with DSG in Black

JohnnieCroat

Ready to race!
94 Range Rover
02 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
05 Chevy Colorado
09 VW Jetta TDI
12 VW GTI

I miss the mileage of the TDI and the capacity to haul stuff in a truck. But I love the GTI and VW family.

ottawaP5

Ready to race!
I'm in the same boat as well:
03 Mazda P5 - First new car, awesome handling. Lacked power which is why I traded it in.
06 Mazdaspeed6 - Cured my need for power. The car was too disconnected though, and too big for me.
07 Mazdaspeed3 - It was more focused than the MS6, but in the end I wanted something that felt more like a premium car
10 GTI - Has the perfect blend of handling, power and lux. I've learned over the years that more power doesn't equal more fun. The MS6 and MS3 were way more powerful than the GTI, but I still prefer the GTI.

I'm done with buying new cars for a while - too much money spent on that over the years.

VR6eric

Ready to race!
80' Fiat Spider - not fast but fun to cruise around NYC in
97' Jetta VR6 - loved it
10' GTI

2010 GTI |. APR Stage 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk