GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Great OEM Exhaust MOD

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
This is a quick way to increase the volume of you OEM exhaust with out having to spend any money.

Note: My car has a catless down pipe!

I was researching the Scirocco R when I noticed that VW opened one of the ports on the side of the suitcase muffler.

So I got the idea to take the OEM suitcase muffler and do the same. I took a cutting wheel and about 5 minutes and opened up the same side as the Scirocco. I installed a small screen on the inside to keep trash out.

[/IMG]

With One side open increases the OEM just about 10 decibles.

So I opened up both sides and I love the sound. Deep rich tone and no drone. Added benefit is the increase in flow and reduces back pressure. Also very stealthy because you can not tell from the rear of the car.

I did this three months ago and still sounds great no issues at all.

I will take video shortly.

OR you can also get a muffler shop to run a pipe just like the Scirocco.

HERE IS THE VIDEO!

https://youtu.be/s_AA4nP8sxQ

Last edited:

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
I will do a cold start in the morning and upload it tomorrow

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
In for video, you better deliver OP

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I wouldnt quite call it a OEM mod if you have a catless downpipe...

stiness101

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there room to re-route it back into the stock exhaust side with a valve so you can switch between loud and stock?

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Catless non res downpipe with stock catback sounds pretty good...dead quiet when crusing and light throttle but loud once the wastegate opens

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Catless non res downpipe with stock catback sounds pretty good...dead quiet when crusing and light throttle but loud once the wastegate opens

totally. i think its the best sounding combo

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
This may need to be done to mine. MF was too loud for me, yet, I want a tad, tad bit more. This looks like a cheap solution over buying a CTS exhaust loo

Sent from my distraction device
[emoji17]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion