GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:: ECS Tuning :: Hatch Pop Kit - Volkswagen MKVI Golf/R - Price Drop !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlody91

Ready to race!
Are these in any way an updated version of the original kit?

I have what I think is the first generation version of this hatch pop kit that came with bump stops. My problem with the kit was that it never really opened fully when I would press my trunk release button even in moderate temperatures during the spring/summer. The trunk would unhook from the latch but then I've always had to give the hatch a slight "nudge" from the bottom for it to fully extend. Could it be the struts?

Also, the bump stops that came with the kit were causing the hatch to look like it wasn't fully closed. You can see the inner taillights on the hatch popping out more than the outer taillights which annoyed me but I eventually learned to live with it.

Ultimately what I'm asking is are all these issues still existent in what looks to be the updated version of the original hatch pop kit?

The only reason I'm assuming this kit is updated is because the ecs website reads "Specially Valved ECS Tuning Hatch Struts" & no bump stops while my kit came with slightly different OEM VW struts and bumps stops.

Cheers,
mlody

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Are these in any way an updated version of the original kit?

I have what I think is the first generation version of this hatch pop kit that came with bump stops. My problem with the kit was that it never really opened fully when I would press my trunk release button even in moderate temperatures during the spring/summer. The trunk would unhook from the latch but then I've always had to give the hatch a slight "nudge" from the bottom for it to fully extend. Could it be the struts?

Also, the bump stops that came with the kit were causing the hatch to look like it wasn't fully closed. You can see the inner taillights on the hatch popping out more than the outer taillights which annoyed me but I eventually learned to live with it.

Ultimately what I'm asking is are all these issues still existent in what looks to be the updated version of the original hatch pop kit?

The only reason I'm assuming this kit is updated is because the ecs website reads "Specially Valved ECS Tuning Hatch Struts" & no bump stops while my kit came with slightly different OEM VW struts and bumps stops.

Cheers,
mlody

Changes have been made, yes. If you are still having issues with your older kit please contact customer service and we can go form there.

Email - customerservice@ecstuning.com

Thanks, Andy

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion

Click HERE to order or for more information.

VW MK5/MK6 Jetta SportWagen Hatch Pop Kits -

Add push button convenience; raise your rear hatch effortlessly.

The ECS Tuning Hatch Pop Kit makes it easy to open your rear hatch, whether your arms are full of groceries or golf bags. Just push the hatch release button on your key fob, and stronger-than-stock lift struts raise the hatch for you, automatically.

You'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to add this great convenience.

For our video please click - Here

For our install PDF please click - Here

Status
Not open for further replies.