GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I want to lower my tdi

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
I need some advice with lowering my golf. I want to lower it with lowering spring. I would like to know how low I can go without rubbing, I'm ok with doing the fender screw mod but I don't want to start rolling my fenders. i don't want a slammed look it just needs to be cleaner. My wheels have maybe a few mm of poke but are basically flush with the fender.

I was thinking of lowering it about 20-30mm would that give any rubbing?

(Looks much higher than it actually is in this pic lol)

Last edited:

Roctre

Ready to race!
I run the VWR springs on my GTI, which is around a 20mm drop and I have no rubbing or problems during winter.

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
I run the VWR springs on my GTI, which is around a 20mm drop and I have no rubbing or problems during winter.
Thanks a GTI is stock lower so I can go a bit more than 20mm I guess.
I don't know how it works in other countries but the reason why I want to know it is because it has to be done by an official garage with all proper documents and it has to get through inspection afterwards which is not cheap to do so I want it all to be right the first time.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Keep in mind, springs are going to be a static drop and all performance springs are manufactured to mainly eliminate 'wheel gap.' That concept might not fair too well during your inspection, that said you might want to look at adjustable coilovers if passing that inspection is a concern.

Good luck!