GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI Front Bumper Splitter (Dutch Parts Co.)

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
Today is the day! BF/CM deals start today and last through next Monday!

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Are they any side skirts for the mk6 gti or is it only for the R?

Roctre

Ready to race!
Are they any side skirts for the mk6 gti or is it only for the R?

Side splitters on the GTI would look funny with how our factory setup is. If it was me I would just get some R side skirts since they look better and get the side splitters from Dutch.

sneedfeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Side splitters on the GTI would look funny with how our factory setup is. If it was me I would just get some R side skirts since they look better and get the side splitters from Dutch.

Whats the difference between side skirts and side splitters? I thought they were the same thing.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Here are some pictures of the new splitter!

I got this on the black friday deal, which was a great deal if anyone passed it up. I recieved it in less than a week's time. My only gripe, is that the lip was quite scuffy on both the top and bottom sides, which distracts from it's nice glossy finish a bit. Obviousl the bottom side is completely doomed to scuffage, especially on a lowered car, but the top could have used perhaps a quick polish before sending out? It was wrapped in styrofoam wrap and otherwise packed nicely.

On my car, I simply used the spacers and bolted it throgh my OEM Euro lip no issue, the outside 4 holes I actually had to drill in my bumper; don't think there was any mention of that in the instructions, so OP for what it's worth maybe add a note as a disclaimer that some bumpers may require drilling on the outside 4. No big deal, mine is a 2012 for the record.

All aside, this thing looks fantastic installed, fitment is spot on, and i would definitely get this over any other aftermarket splitter again. Car feels so much faster now ;) As OP showed before, I bet this thing can take a beating, such as bumping a curb or something, without cracking, although I bet it will scuff easy obviously, and perhaps get chipped up, so be careful out there!

Next up will defintely be obtaining a set of the R side splitters, If only we had something for the rear GTI diffuser too...

20171210_094922 (Custom).jpg

20171210_094929 (Custom).jpg

20171210_094932 (Custom).jpg

20171210_095225 (Custom).jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Whats the difference between side skirts and side splitters? I thought they were the same thing.

the skirts are whats actually 'molded' onto or bolted onto the body to hide framework and such, splitters are an extension of that in this case to add aero or aggressive cosmetic effect.