GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I always wanted to set the cruise control at like 100mph and then flick it off. Sit at a stop light, and then turn it on. Wonder if the car would try to race up to 100 or if it would just laugh at me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I think you need to be going at least 35 to enable it. Maybe it's not 35, but it's some number lol, 20, 25, 30...

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Here's a question that is the definition of this threads origins: What is the top speed at which you can set cruise control?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Idk the answer to that. I don’t find that to be a stupid question lol.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Well for the actual question, there shouldn't be a limit outside of speeds you could naturally achieve. Cruise just tells the car to hold the speed. I have confirmed cc at say 95mph, so I don't see why it wouldn't work higher.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I always wanted to set the cruise control at like 100mph and then flick it off. Sit at a stop light, and then turn it on. Wonder if the car would try to race up to 100 or if it would just laugh at me

That'd be tough with your manual trans since the CC shuts off when you depress the clutch and you're not gonna hit 100mph in 1st gear....

just sayin'

I do like the idea/thought though, lol. Will have to try with my DSG/auto

brobst

Go Kart Champion
That'd be tough with your manual trans since the CC shuts off when you depress the clutch and you're not gonna hit 100mph in 1st gear....

just sayin'

I do like the idea/thought though, lol. Will have to try with my DSG/auto
Yea manual would be different. But perhaps it would be funny in a dag car.
Who knows maybe cc is smart enough that if the speed you are trying to set cc for is outside of your gear max speed range, it wont activate. Like the car knows you can't hit 80 in second gear so it wont activate cc for 80mph until at least 3rd gear.

Hijinx

Passed Driver's Ed
Since this is the stupid question thread could someone help me out?

EA888?
EA116?
Generations of those?

I’ve figured out CCTA and CBFA. I’ve got an inkling as to what a ROW car is (Australia?) but I’m not really sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
You would have EA888 Gen1

You can tell if it is CCTA or CBFA by looking at your intake. (CBFA has extra piping.)

ROW = rest of world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
So update on the cruise control thing. I am manual. Set the cc at 75mph. Tried 2 scenarios.
A. Put the car in 2nd gear around 2.5k rpm. Turned on cc. Car started accelerating at about 20% throttle consistently. I turned it off around 5k rpm but it did not seem to car that 75mph was outside of 2nd gear range.

B. Put car in 3rd gear around 2k rpm approx 30mph. Turned on the cc set at 75mph. Again car started accelerating with about 20% throttle. Saw no more than 5psi of boost. Was trying to get to 75mph.

Conclusion, cruise control don't care, but its a slow feedback loop.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
My friend loves to brag about his 07 G35x (stock) is faster than my car. Do you think with my mods (in my signature) and Michelin PSS I am gonna get, I would be able to beat him? :D

Roctre

Ready to race!
My friend loves to brag about his 07 G35x (stock) is faster than my car. Do you think with my mods (in my signature) and Michelin PSS I am gonna get, I would be able to beat him? :D

Yes those things are pigs and with stage 1 it should be easy.