GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hankook Ventus V2 Evo lifespan

pashley

Ready to race!
Hey all. I've got these tires as my summers for my GTI. Currently, they are off the car. The tires have been on the car for 2 summers and have about 14k miles on them. Tread still looks pretty good, but I wanted to ask you all what I can expect out of these tires mileage wise. Anyone have any experience with these? I'm certain I can get another summer out of these but just wanted to hear what others have experienced. Also, I don't track the car, just very spirited driving in the twisties and on onramps. Thanks!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I don't have experience with that particular tire, but typically performance summer tires should last you about 20-25k miles.

skl007

Passed Driver's Ed
I got 15k out of them on my M3, but I have a pretty aggressive alignment. FWIW, I hated those tires.

Roctre

Ready to race!
I run those for my summers as well and when I was researching tires I saw that people normally got 15k-35k out of the tires. Skl007, from what I gathered the hankooks suck on heavy cars because the sidewalls are soft and makes it easy for tires to roll over.

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed
had it on my old subaru bl9 legacy non turbo, went thru a gradual s bend and i went into a slight drift with the rear kicking out. tires were like 20k mileage

SyDiko

Ready to race!
@ 25k on mine.

However, I think one has a slow leak so it's probably time to swap some new ones in.

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Hey all. I've got these tires as my summers for my GTI. Currently, they are off the car. The tires have been on the car for 2 summers and have about 14k miles on them. Tread still looks pretty good, but I wanted to ask you all what I can expect out of these tires mileage wise. Anyone have any experience with these? I'm certain I can get another summer out of these but just wanted to hear what others have experienced. Also, I don't track the car, just very spirited driving in the twisties and on onramps. Thanks!

I had those tires and they lasted me quite well, probably 35k highway miles. However, their traction deteriorated rapidly as they reached end of tread life, I probably should have replaced them after 30k.

My PSSs on the other hand have seen relatively few highway miles and have about 6k city miles on the clock, and are already down to 7/32. How you drive them makes a monumental difference.