GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Hey all .. im stupid ...I have a question. .. I have a 3 inch DP connected to a 2.5 inch catback. Would that be considered bottlenecking the exhaust ?

And to those who have DSG . Would my farts be louder this way or a full 3 inch system ?

Sorry if someone was in the middle of a discussion. I didn't know where to post this question. ..because I'm stupid

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Hey all .. im stupid ...I have a question. .. I have a 3 inch DP connected to a 2.5 inch catback. Would that be considered bottlenecking the exhaust ?

And to those who have DSG . Would my farts be louder this way or a full 3 inch system ?

Sorry if someone was in the middle of a discussion. I didn't know where to post this question. ..because I'm stupid

No bottlekneck. Some threads on it around here. Enjoy your setup .
Fart will depend on your mufflers and such to lower sound. Most of the fart is from the downpipe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Farts depend on if you have a cat or not. Looks like you do have one. So it'll be less loud then catless. If you enjoy the sound who cares. If you want more loud, then remove cat or muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm considering a rear sway bar. Anyone have issues with rear end squirreliness in snow driving conditions? Thanks!

You won't have any issues with a rear sway bar in the winter. IF you drive to the road conditions. I've driver a couple of cars for 12 years with rear sway bars & never had a problem. No squirrels at all.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
So... my car has this loud clunking noise on the front driver side only when it goes over a pothole or uneven road... it only happens if there’s like a sudden drop or elevation on the road...

Like... if I go over the small bump without slowing down too much... I’ll hear that clunk...

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should check out under the car?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
It is so hard to give you any kind of answer with what you've said here. Start by jacking up the car & grabbing the wheel to see if there is any play in it. Remove wheel & look at your sway bar end links.

How many miles on your car? Is it lowered or on stock suspension?

Please when you jack up the car use jack stands. Work safe.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
It is so hard to give you any kind of answer with what you've said here. Start by jacking up the car & grabbing the wheel to see if there is any play in it. Remove wheel & look at your sway bar end links.

How many miles on your car? Is it lowered or on stock suspension?

Please when you jack up the car use jack stands. Work safe.

Thanks for the quick reply,

I’ve checked the wheels and there are no play..

And the sway bar end links were actually the first thing that comes to mind because I had that came loose before... but I checked that to and it’s right...

I have the Passat bolts on my subframe too if that helps...

My car is at 67k miles and it’s lowered on DG spring and koni yellows for about 30k miles...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Rear wiper spray pattern....is it supposed to come out like a squirt gun (linear) or a fan?

I remember mine being like a squirt gun. Been a long time since I've used it though

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
No bottlekneck. Some threads on it around here. Enjoy your setup .
Fart will depend on your mufflers and such to lower sound. Most of the fart is from the downpipe

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Farts depend on if you have a cat or not. Looks like you do have one. So it'll be less loud then catless. If you enjoy the sound who cares. If you want more loud, then remove cat or muffler.

My catback has no mufflers only resonator. And yes I'm catted DP. I guess the next move is maybe a resonator delete on the aftermarket catback..hope it doesn't sound ugly . If so can it be welded back on without any further issues ?

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
My catback has no mufflers only resonator. And yes I'm catted DP. I guess the next move is maybe a resonator delete on the aftermarket catback..hope it doesn't sound ugly . If so can it be welded back on without any further issues ?

Do you have smog in Maryland? If not just get a catless downpipe.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
Looking into the Enkei Performance PDC wheels, but they're 8" instead of my 7.5" Detroits. Is it that much of a different and would they rub more? Also would I still be able to put a 225 Michelin PSS on a 8" tire or would it be stretched?

Roctre

Ready to race!
Looking into the Enkei Performance PDC wheels, but they're 8" instead of my 7.5" Detroits. Is it that much of a different and would they rub more? Also would I still be able to put a 225 Michelin PSS on a 8" tire or would it be stretched?

They will fit perfectly fine and should never rub. That is the recommend no headache wheel set up for these cars. 225 will fit great on them.

pdan

Ready to race!
So I was changing my oil the other day and decided I should probably check the timing chain tensioner. I have a 2013, so I assume I would have the updated one but something like this I don’t exactly want to assume.

After watching the humble mechanic video on it he recommends getting a new plug after you pry your old one off in case you warp the cover and could develop oil leaks. Is this something that should be ordered, or is it a very remote chance of happening?? I’d happily order one, just want to know if it’s something everyone usually does.