GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
They said it was a new version of the manifold but I'm thinking it wasn't. It failed so quickly. I'll have to take it to my dealership when I get home. Currently in Florida.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I'm sure they will replace it again. You might consider have the valves cleaned while it is off.
When they replaced it the first time they said it didn't need it. I'm going to make sure they clean them this time.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Not sure what the mileage was when you had the manifold replaced the first time. My thought is if you had needed it done they's have jumped at the chance to do it. If they say you don't need it again ask them to send you a picture of the valves.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Not sure what the mileage was when you had the manifold replaced the first time. My thought is if you had needed it done they's have jumped at the chance to do it. If they say you don't need it again ask them to send you a picture of the valves.
That's a good idea. I'll be taking it to my dealership when I get back from Florida.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Random question guys . I have APR stage 2 . Full turbo back...I know for DSG owners we can no longer do a 2 step at 4k rpm. We would need to buy DSG upgrade and set limit ourselves...but I thought at max RPM our cars are supposed to bounce off the max ? It stays flat definitely reaches 6800rpm.

I'm NOT red lining it all day I just did it two maybe 3 rimes since I got stage 2 In february 2018... . Why is it like this ? And why is it so difficult for this car to have "fun" mods .. like the 2 step ..crackling exhaust .etc?

Roctre

Ready to race!
Random question guys . I have APR stage 2 . Full turbo back...I know for DSG owners we can no longer do a 2 step at 4k rpm. We would need to buy DSG upgrade and set limit ourselves...but I thought at max RPM our cars are supposed to bounce off the max ? It stays flat definitely reaches 6800rpm.

I'm NOT red lining it all day I just did it two maybe 3 rimes since I got stage 2 In february 2018... . Why is it like this ? And why is it so difficult for this car to have "fun" mods .. like the 2 step ..crackling exhaust .etc?

Well the redline on the mk6 gti is 6800 even if your cars tach stops at 6000. Also if you wanted cracks and pops from your car you should of went with straitified's tune with the access port.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

Rev limiter is removed with APR tune IIRC.

Austrums

hi everyone, my first post in golfmk6.com
so, as topic says, my question is stupid. In short, i am driving my GTI for about an year, had alredy engine rebuild, due the massive oil consumption, and so on.

BUT, today i was at service to read CEL light , and the service manager started car just with one turn, and then realesed the key. The car started, if anyone knows, touaregs, and audi's starts the same way. like you just have to turn ignition once , and then just release the key, and car will start itself. till this day i was holding the key to position 3 myself, until the car starts,and then released the key, but i today was a real eye opening experience for me. but as i tried to do this myself, nothing happens, it just shaked once, and died.

if someone understood, about what i am speking here, please give me some advice, how this feature really works, P.S, sorry for my bad English, my native language is Latvian.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
so, as topic says, my question is stupid. In short, i am driving my GTI for about an year, had alredy engine rebuild, due the massive oil consumption, and so on.

BUT, today i was at service to read CEL light , and the service manager started car just with one turn, and then realesed the key. The car started, if anyone knows, touaregs, and audi's starts the same way. like you just have to turn ignition once , and then just release the key, and car will start itself. till this day i was holding the key to position 3 myself, until the car starts,and then released the key, but i today was a real eye opening experience for me. but as i tried to do this myself, nothing happens, it just shaked once, and died.

if someone understood, about what i am speking here, please give me some advice, how this feature really works, P.S, sorry for my bad English, my native language is Latvian.

In for info, never seen this before.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
What kind of bulbs does everyone use and locking retainer rings for the mk6 projector reps without the LED strip (I think they are Eds). I have some D2S HID bulbs and retaining clips from a MK5 GTI but it seems that the housing of the headlights are too big for the ring to lock the lights in.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion

As mentioned, you don't need to hold the key to crank (at least not in my 2014). You still need to turn the key all the way, but you just need to sort of "tap" it, no need to hold it like most ignitions. It shouldn't hurt anything if you do hold it while it cranks, but it isn't necessary. It's a neat little feature, but really it's kind of useless.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I wonder if it works like that on my car...Owned it for 5 years and never knew our cars did that.

Nope, definitely doesn't work like that on my car.

Last edited: