GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocrossing / Driving Techniques

Old 06-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #15
GIACUser
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2008 MKV EFR7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclutch View Post
After MUCH research and reading an unbelievably LOT of thread, it appears that "THE" brake pads to try are the Endless 72 or it's replacement. The catch is that there doesn't seem to be a US distributor and you'd have to order them from overseas which could take a month or so to come in.

For what's readily available, I am trying Hawk HP PLUS on the fronts and HPS on the rear. I actually prefer to run the same pad front/rear but the HP+ is not available for the rear.

My brake setup will be as follows:
Castrol SRF brake fluid
Hawk HP+ front
Remove front brake dust shields
Hawk HPS rear
I have run Endless 72ís and HP+. 72ís are the best street pad as they are not noisy and not especially noisy and they are somewhere between HPS and HP+ in terms of stopping power. Never ran them at the track always swapped in HP+ for the track. They were more aggressive than the 72ís but are noisy and dusty. HP+ served me well at track