GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jmarch's 2.5 Seabiscuit

jmarch

Ready to race!
Well I'll start by saying I've had the car for a year and a half and I'm loving it. But when I bought it I was only considering keeping the car for 3 years or so and trading in for a new GTI. I really don't see that happening for me now. At this point I'm hooked on the modding and really want to keep this car for a very long time. I'll post a decent amount of pics that will show everyone the progress thus far and then let you know where I want to head with this build.

Here's the car bone stock then day after I bought it. It's the 2.5l sportline golf. Car came with the touch screen sound system, leather wheel, shifter, and e-brake, sunroof, fogs, 17' portos, and sport seats.

The first thing to change to the stock car was the lights. I changed out the fogs and low beams for 8500kl bulbs. I also added PIAA peanut bulbs to headlights as well. Sidemarkers were sprayed to paint match over the first winter.

The first round of mods took me a year to get going but I was happy to get fk highsport coils and the apr carbonio CAI. The CAI actually sounds great and I did notice some increase in throttle response and power. My car pulls against a stock 2.5 to a noticeable gain.

I've never had a car on a coilover kit before so I wasn't sure what to expect. The change was night and day! The car handles so much better and stays on the level with the nose down when being pushed much harder than before the coils. I'm dialed in at 8 threads left in the back and 6 up front. Fender to ground was around 24. I think it was 24 1/4 actually all the way around. New exhaust tips, chrome plate frame, and 15% tint to the rear and sides was added at this point too.

The most recent mod has been new wheels. I got these from someone on kijiji looking to move the wheels so he could rebuild the engine he blew up 1.8l bug. He had it supercharged....yeah.....the wheels. Audi A8L Monoblocks Fully Refinished 18x8 ET48

That about brings the car up to date. I've ordered a euro switch which should be here next week and I'll post some pics of that once it's all done. After that the mods will be:

Performance:
Magnaflow Exhaust
Stage 3 Turbo kit (C2 Motorsports more than likely)
Stage 2 or 3 clutch kit from APR
Bigger Brakes

Cosmetic:
R Tails
Retrofit Headlights
Sideskirts
Front lip kit

For now the car will be staying as is until after the winter when i order the exhaust. I'll be going far north for a year sometime in the next year for work and I'll be gone for a year as well. That's going to get me some really good money that I can use to pay off my student loans and car. Once that really long year for me is over I'll also be treating myself for the hard work.... that's when stage 3 will arrive. I plan on ordering it before I leave the north so it's here and ready for install when I get back. :)

I'll be adding more photos of the car sometime soon when I get it all cleaned up and polished. Road trip to Ottawa soon.

Last edited:

VWghost26

Ready to race!
Car looks great and the intake does make a nice difference. He pulled on me pretty good (I was quite surprised with the difference) But thankfully I pick up my carbonio tomorrow so we're back to even. Also the monoblocks look so much better in person. Nice build so far dude. The C2 is looking pretty good down the road and I'm sure theres lots of time to save before its fully developed.