GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My modest build

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Good convo on shifter setups, too bad it's happening in poor Injen's build thread! I'll throw my setup and opinion in as a data point.

-Dieselgeek Sigma 6 Short Shifter w/new, black delrin slider
-Dieselgeek Upgraded Shifter Shaft Bushing Kit
-CTS Billet Shifter Bracket Bushings
-Shimmed shifter ball per Dieselgeek
-ECS Billet/Leather Shift Knob (265g)

I should note that installing my VWR Racingline Subframe Mount made a HUGE improvement to shift precision. I haven't tracked the car yet but I do very much like my setup although (as mentioned by everyone with a DGSS) it takes some getting used to. It's not for everyone but the notchy action really grew on me after disliking it for a few weeks.

I am honestly a bit frustrated that only recently did I really value the benefits of stiffer bushings on my shifter. There really is not a lot of talk about them considering how big a difference they make

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I am honestly a bit frustrated that only recently did I really value the benefits of stiffer bushings on my shifter. There really is not a lot of talk about them considering how big a difference they make
Agreed. They're small upgrades that have a significant effect. The shifter shaft bushing from Diesel Geek was a huge upgrade and it's a single plastic bushing.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Agreed. They're small upgrades that have a significant effect. The shifter shaft bushing from Diesel Geek was a huge upgrade and it's a single plastic bushing.

^ It really is. The super slider they make too. There's only two other bushings they make that I don't have. Let's all pull the trigger together :D

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Still here boys.

Just got Rad Ed out of the body shop (someone backed into her). Put new wheels on for her 8th birthday

Attachments

• 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200319093654792_COVER.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20200319093654792_COVER.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 199

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Just purchased a new 42DD turboback exhaust.

Years ago I bought a SS Apr downpipe when I went stage 2. Later on I wanted more sound but didnt want to spring for the Apr catback (#santabeard). I bought a 42DD aluminized steel cat and had them welded.

I know what happens when you weld two different metals together. I just knew it would be something I dont have to deal with for a while.

Well here we are. The weld is getting weak and the years of driving my car in the winter (Germany and Oregon) have caused rust deposits on the aluminized steel.

I love 42DD. American business that makes excellent products. So I went with their Turboback setup (with cat and no resonator). SS this time because they are offering a FREE SS UPGRADE!

Good time to be buying!

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Still here boys.

Just got Rad Ed out of the body shop (someone backed into her). Put new wheels on for her 8th birthday

Car looks like glass dude, amazing detailing....love sunken treasure finish on the new shoes. I'm about to order Enkei Tfr's in a similar finish.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Wow I just realized I've been subscribed to you on Youtube since 2018 and just made the connection that you're on the forums. Almost everything I've planned for my GTI has been based off your build or feedback on parts you've tried.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Wow I just realized I've been subscribed to you on Youtube since 2018 and just made the connection that you're on the forums. Almost everything I've planned for my GTI has been based off your build or feedback on parts you've tried.

Thanks bro! I actually am planning on finally doing some more content on that channel. I was gone for a while overseas away from the car. Then I got a job that did not pay so well so i couldnt really make any note worthy content. Then pandemic. lol.

But changes are happening now!

I use to be a moderator on Mk6 drivers group on facebook. But i ditched fb about a year or so ago.

I hope some of the mods i steered you towards are working out brother!

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Thanks bro! I actually am planning on finally doing some more content on that channel. I was gone for a while overseas away from the car. Then I got a job that did not pay so well so i couldnt really make any note worthy content. Then pandemic. lol.

But changes are happening now!

I use to be a moderator on Mk6 drivers group on facebook. But i ditched fb about a year or so ago.

I hope some of the mods i steered you towards are working out brother!
I'm excited to hear this! Looking forward to some awesome content.

And yes, I have been trying to keep it pretty "functional" in terms of what I put on, while also trying to go for the high quality parts that I can snag off the forums and going with the flow sort of. It's definitely an interesting build thus far. I don't think I'll sell this car I just have so many things that I like about it. Crafting my own slice of perfection haha.

I recently scooped up a KO4 kit after rewatching some of your old racing videos :ROFLMAO:

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
I'm excited to hear this! Looking forward to some awesome content.

And yes, I have been trying to keep it pretty "functional" in terms of what I put on, while also trying to go for the high quality parts that I can snag off the forums and going with the flow sort of. It's definitely an interesting build thus far. I don't think I'll sell this car I just have so many things that I like about it. Crafting my own slice of perfection haha.

I recently scooped up a KO4 kit after rewatching some of your old racing videos :ROFLMAO:

Honestly man its the right amount of power for this platform. Glad you got your hands on one!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Honestly man its the right amount of power for this platform. Glad you got your hands on one!
While I agree it's the right amount of power I don't know if I'd put a k04 on again if I could do it again. They run so hot, id put a bigger turbo on and de-,tune it to around the same power.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
While I agree it's the right amount of power I don't know if I'd put a k04 on again if I could do it again. They run so hot, id put a bigger turbo on and de-,tune it to around the same power.
That’s been my only concern, especially since I could feel awful heat soak at stock power in these TX summers. I hope WM and a big IE IC can help a bit.

Completely stock, I saw my IATs hit around 187F once in stop-and-go traffic in Houston:(