GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the bottom of your DSG covered in fluid? Here's (likely) why...

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Ever since going KO4 and competing with the car I always noticed the bottom of the DSG looked "wet" with DSG fluid. I had the rear main seal replaced with the iabed part so I was fairly confident that wasn't the case. I even replaced the DSG pan with a new gasket, yet the issue remained.

Finally, I found out that the DSG trans actually has a breather port on top next to the starter. Instead of just accepting this as an asinine design, I looked to a possible solution. Because the port is very small, it would be difficult to come up with a catch can solution because the port would have to be tapped which wouldn't be possible with the trans still on the car.

The solution? A $30 part from Volkswagen. The MK7R comes with a "breather box" that plugs into the port that clips onto the stock battery box. Figured it was worth a try, and turns out it literally plugs right in on the MK6 GTI! Because I have the ECS tuning battery box I was able to secure it to my tyrolsport master cylinder bracket. I'll just have to empty it every once in awhile.

https://www.shopdap.com/02e-301-472-e.html

Thanks to Dan @ Excelerate Performance for the suggestion!