GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tony's Black GTI

godnf8

Passed Driver's Ed
Timing chains, guides, rails, lower cover, gaskets, seals, cam magnet, etc. Thanks to Tony48 for the huge assist, taking time out of his weekend and most of his day to drive down and help me out with this. He made this so much easier.

Attachments

• Timing1.jpg
    Timing1.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 318

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
So I have read this entire thread and I am curious were did you get the front sway bar bushings?
I contacted H&R and they told me to go through a distributor; they recommended ECS. I contacted them and they looked up the part number and set up the order since the bushings are not listed on their site.

The 26mm H&R bushings are part number HR33271, $60/shipped for a pair from ECS.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I played around with Virtual Dyno using my most recent logs for my Stratified ProTune. I think there's room for growth once fueling gets figured out. Multiple people have reported weird issues with tuning via Cobb that is causing fuel pressure to drop and injector duty cycles to max out at high RPM's . That shouldn't be happening at this power level so I'm playing the waiting game right now. I'm not willing to replace the LPFP & controller or add another injector. Hopefully a tuning solution becomes available.

This is with 93oct gas. I requested a reliable, safe tune for the street from Stratified.

Last edited:

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Not much new with the car. I installed an upgraded PCV diaphragm from RKX Tech. It's much sturdier than the OEM diaphragm which gives me a little peace of mind since I have 136k miles on the original PCV.

I spent most of the weekend finishing up building a large oven for powder coating. It needs a few finishing touches before I powder coat my OZ Ultraleggera's. The wheels are media blasted and ready to go, just waiting on the oven to be finished and me to find the time.

Last edited:

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Bad news first. Someone wrecked my fender. Not sure exactly what time it happened yesterday but I'm pretty gutted. I need to decide whether to have it repaired or buy a new fender. I did manage to pull it out a bit so it's not as atrocious but ugh :mad:

The good news is that I got the Spulen dog bone in to replace my ECS dog bone. Quick job and it reduced NVH a lot. I think the combo of a spherical bushing dog bone with the VWR subframe puck was a bit much. I did lose some shifting crispness but I think I'll live with it since I do a lot of driving in stop and go traffic. Maybe I'll look into stiffer poly bushings to replace the ones that come with the mount.

The ECS mount is significantly more beefy.

torga

Autocross Champion
Man, I hate when people don't take responsibility for themselves. I've got no less than four dents on my Celica right now because of people like this.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
is your RMS blown? why is it so oily over there by the pendulum mount?
The car has always had oil build up there and I can't figure out why. I have an iabed RMS. And the car doesn't consume any discernible amount of oil so I haven't worried about it. I'd love to figure out the cause though.

This is what the inside of my bell housing looked like when I dropped the trans to install a new clutch and the iabed RMS.