GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR V2.5 Now Available for the MK6 GTI

Uberryan

Banned
This has been out for a few weeks now. Anybody got a review/impressions?

I'm waiting for the APR sale to get this done as I'd like to get the TCU tune at the same time

Kinda, although I haven't been able to get on it too much lately due to rain. My shifting is pretty well rectified. I don't have nearly as bad of a delay in down or upshifts as I did before and the car feels more stable. Gas mileage has improved slightly as well but I think it's mostly due to them nerfing first gear a little bit which I think was necessary in order to achieve this version's goal. You can tell first gear is a little lacking in comparison to v2.4, but the shift between 1st and 2nd is pretty quick and pops you right back into the same powerband you expect. Unfortunately I don't have a v2.4 dyno so I can't really compare the two, but I'm sure someone has or will have the two graphs side by side to depict my assumptions.

I would recommend it obviously, but I already had APR prior to this update so there's no real purpose for me to shop for other tuners out there now that my main concerns have been addressed with this release.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
Been on it for a couple thousand KM's now and it is a huge difference in D, no more hard faceplants in 2/3rd.

Also nice little note:

About a year ago, I got a DSG tune and for some reason during launch control the RPM would not automatically regulate for me(It's a 2012 and I did not have it from factory like the 2013 on wards doo). When setting it up the shop set up the 3 different points but nothing. It turned out APR needed to update things on their end.

It was not super important to me, I could still launch but reported it to them anyway. They were nice about it, said sorry, told me they cant guarantee when it will be done and different to refund the tune.

Seems like this was rolled into the 2.5 Tune for me. I tried launching it the other day and noticed all 3 Launch points are now working :D.

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
This has been out for a few weeks now. Anybody got a review/impressions?

I'm waiting for the APR sale to get this done as I'd like to get the TCU tune at the same time

I can confirm that the low rpm DSG problem I have had since at least when I updated to 2.4 and maybe longer is 100% gone and the car performs better than ever. I can't give any exact figures, but the butt dyno says the car has more power and the jerking from a full stop is gone. THANK YOU APR!

Uberryan

Banned
Anyone having cold start issues after updating to the new version? I get in on a cold engine, and crank and it just continuously tries to turn over till i release the key and try again. Kicks over immediately. Had it happen once in a blue moon before the update, but it happened twice yesterday. Might be in-tank fuel pump or fuel, but just wanted to see if I'm alone or not.

TALON AE

Ready to race!
Anyone having cold start issues after updating to the new version? I get in on a cold engine, and crank and it just continuously tries to turn over till i release the key and try again. Kicks over immediately. Had it happen once in a blue moon before the update, but it happened twice yesterday. Might be in-tank fuel pump or fuel, but just wanted to see if I'm alone or not.

Focal, did you have the VW ECU update from a few years back (related to cold start issues) applied before having APR reflash you?

I seem to recall a discussion back when the 2.0 tune first came out saying that you should have that update applied even if running a tune (although it will wipe out the APR tune and require a reflash).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcpppf

Ready to race!

Hmm... Seems more than coincidental that it started happening more frequently with the tune. I had this happen a few times years back. Stopped going to the gas station I was using at the time and started going to Costco damn near 100% of the time and haven't had the issue again. Might just try switching it up before you get too far down the rabbit hole.

Uberryan

Banned
Hmm... Seems more than coincidental that it started happening more frequently with the tune. I had this happen a few times years back. Stopped going to the gas station I was using at the time and started going to Costco damn near 100% of the time and haven't had the issue again. Might just try switching it up before you get too far down the rabbit hole.

Yeah I have a feeling it might be gas-related. I'll burn the tank through and see if things change on the next tank.

Dimbos666

Dear friends, whether you can prompt good time for stage 2 in version 2.4 and version 2.5 in discipline of dispersals 100-200?

Uberryan

Banned
Dear friends, whether you can prompt good time for stage 2 in version 2.4 and version 2.5 in discipline of dispersals 100-200?

Try posting your question in russian so we can translate it better, since something is getting lost in your english translation here.

Попробуйте опубликовать свой вопрос на русском языке, чтобы мы могли лучше его перевести, поскольку в вашем английском переводе что-то теряется

Dimbos666

Try posting your question in russian so we can translate it better, since something is getting lost in your english translation here.

Попробуйте опубликовать свой вопрос на русском языке, чтобы мы могли лучше его перевести, поскольку в вашем английском переводе что-то теряется

Какое время разгона от 100 до 200 км\ч должен показывать VW Golf GTI mk6 stage 2 на версии 2.4 и на версии 2.5. Мой автомобиль едет 100-200- 14.1 секунд. Хочу понять, стоит ли переходить с версии 2.4 на версию 2.5, не будет ли 2.5 менее быстрой.

Uberryan

Banned
Какое время разгона от 100 до 200 км\ч должен показывать VW Golf GTI mk6 stage 2 на версии 2.4 и на версии 2.5. Мой автомобиль едет 100-200- 14.1 секунд. Хочу понять, стоит ли переходить с версии 2.4 на версию 2.5, не будет ли 2.5 менее быстрой.

I gotcha. I don't think anyone has dyno'd this version 2.5 tune just yet, and if they have, I haven't seen it. I personally don't think there's much difference between the two tunes in the higher power band, but my feelings are that first and second gears might be a little weaker than v2.4. It's not a bad thing, and it's not extremely different, but it's noticeable for sure.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I got the update to 2.5 High TQ and decided to get the DSG tune .
My initial thoughts
1st gear is definitely weaker , and the car seems slower getting off the line. Now I have give it even more gas than before[emoji58]

The power delivery is smooth once I get in 3rd the car pulls good. And I'm not noticing any surging [emoji106][emoji106]. Driving the car around some curvey roads was a blast

The dsg tune however I'm not happy with , the higher shift points are good.
But the downshifts in D are too aggressive for my taste. It feels like a tamer version of the S mode downshift and seems like there is some engine braking going on aswell.
You can definitely feel the downshift in stop and go traffic. I miss the smoother downshifts.
In manual mode it's still smooth no issues there .

I do wish that the throttle response was quicker. But it seems that I might need to change tunes for that.

I'm thinking about going back to the dealership and getting my money back for the dsg tune.
I paid $690 after labor and tax.

If I remove the dsg tune I'm just going to go unitronic and get their stage 1+ ECU and TCU tunes.

Sent from my Pixel 2