GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED lights

ecapskcab00

hey folks! Long-time gti mk6 driver here, over the last summer i did an entire interior and exterior LED aftermarket job on my car myself. i did blue license plate and parking lights, color changing fogs, and regular white for the low/high beams and everything else. i like everything i did except for a couple of small issues. firstly, my highbeam bulbs simply arent as bright as i would like. my low beam brightness is fine but at night i need to squint my eyes just a tad even with the highbeams on. secondly, i could never find the blue LED for my trunk light, which would be cool as it would match my license plate/parking/glove box lights etc. if anyone knows of a bright, good quality white LED bulb for the highbeams and a blue led for the trunk, please send the link my way. please only send the link if you know for sure that the bulbs/seller are quality and reliable.

also, for future reference for anyone looking to do something similar, changing any of the bulbs over to LED causes a warning to display for EACH of the changed bulbs individually upon ignition despite the bulbs functioning perfectly fine. i did not need to install resistors to make it all work either, btw, so i do not know if that would perhaps fix this issue. the warnings never stop for me, just a thing i live with in exchange for sick lights.

Thanks and happy holidays!

ps: yes i am aware that cops use ONLY blue lights in some states, in CT, where i iive, they ALWAYS use BOTH red and blue so its all good, even on the back as the layout of the blue license plate lights and red brake lights doesn't look anything similar to the back of a cop car. i am also aware that color changing lights are illegal as they can distract other drivers, i leave them on a solid color while driving on public roads, usually blue to match my parking/license plate lights. i have been pulled over and drove past many cops since installing these lights in both RI and CT and never once has a cop questioned them, i have only received compliments or nothing at all regarding them from cops. i even had a full-time firefighter neighbor of mine confirm their legality.

Last edited: