GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-28-2012, 03:55 AM   #15
Swoope
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 15 GTI PP DSG CS / Rx8 track car
Quote:
Originally Posted by zues0o View Post
@NOLA-Ron I'm not spewing nonsense! I was working with Evan at APR, sir. As I said I had called them directly. I did this after not having my car a month and a half!
Is this nonsense .Yes indeed I think it is that I don't have my damn car I pay for. Also in my first post I asked if anyone has had this issue!
Then one person with actual in-site answered. If you have nothing to contribute to getting my car back don't comment. I have been working with the shop every day I ran out of idea's to give them. I already said i posted out of frustration. No need to beat a dead horse! Lastly I stated above APR said my ECU is fine and is in working order!
bad news.

traded in my 10 ms3 for the 12 gti..

no tuning for the ms3 unless you are in a grand am team..

the ms3 is a very good car. lots of cool stuff..

right now after ~35k with a ms3 and the gti it is a wash. not sure who is the winner..

beers
Swoope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
zues0o
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2011 VW GTi
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA-Ron View Post
I did contribute. If first paragraph wasn't enough contribution the 2nd for sure was.

If APR tested your ECU personally. Re-read NOT YOUR tuner, then your dealer is BSing you. APR stands behind their products and has proven to correct tuner mistakes. take it to another dealer, preferably tuner friendly and see what they say. if APR hasn't personally inspected the ECU then arrange to have it sent to them overnight. Should get it back in 3 days.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
This is more of a contribution to my issue NOLA-Ron but as stated APR did say my ECU is fine. I went down this road already.

I guess I need to bring it to a performance shop and a different stealership in Northern NJ that knows what they are doing. The two that I have seem to not have a clue whats going on Performance Shop: Drive Auto Works & Stealership: Three County VolksWagen. Can anyone recommend a better shop or dealer?
zues0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #17
project92raddoslc
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2016 GOLF R
I was at a dyno day today where a bolt on stock turbo ms3 made 300whp. I'd buy one

Service Writer--North Penn VW Colmar, PA
project92raddoslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #18
PRND[S]
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: LSG 2015 Golf R / APR Stage 1
Power can be added. Refinement and a nice interior, not so much...
PRND[S] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #19
JoeVDUB
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Mach 1
I'm confused now...the dealer says your ECU is bad, but APR tested your ECU and it's fine? I'd personally take APR's word over a dealership any day. Sounds like there's something else wrong with your car. Where is your car at? I'd start digging around tryin to figure out what exactly is wrong or take it to a different shop. Just remember though, you gotta pay to play.
JoeVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
BangMangler
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeVDUB View Post
Have fun with the torque steer. Your better off getting a WRX or shit...even a Si would be better than a speed3. Mazda motors are poop.
QFT

WRX or EVO would be better. I'll never buy a Mazda.
BangMangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
zues0o
Go Kart Newbie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeVDUB View Post
I'm confused now...the dealer says your ECU is bad, but APR tested your ECU and it's fine? I'd personally take APR's word over a dealership any day. Sounds like there's something else wrong with your car. Where is your car at? I'd start digging around tryin to figure out what exactly is wrong or take it to a different shop. Just remember though, you gotta pay to play.
@JoeVDUB I was confused myself on this same topic.
I am leaning with believing what APR says. I think I have to bring it to a different shop, because I'm being BS'ed. The excuse I got today was dun dun dun "the flatbed broke." My car was supposed to be at the tuning shop on friday then saturday morning now I get this news today. I really can pick them! I guess there's only one Towing company and only 1 flatbed in this world!

It's crazy but I would so recommend APR screen their shops before they list their resellers. Also they should email the customers and see if everything is ok with their cars after a tune/flash/reprogram. Also ask how was your experience was, with the shop you dealt with. They are slacking on the costumer follow up. I called them personally and I was expecting a call back asking if my issue was resolved?!

I don't have an issue with PAYING to play. If the techs could actually diagnose my car correctly, they say I have to spend 2100 on a ECM but APR say my ECM is fine, so do I pay (if i do pay I'm not going APR again and I will trade in this car)?
Is there a recommended tuning shop for Northern Jersey? I need my car It's been 2 months and 4 days now.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #22
zues0o
Go Kart Newbie

Hello All,
I just wanted to let my fellow posters know I finally received my car back, 3 month to the day Friday 5/25/2012! Bought a new computer which is still stock.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #23
stevenchkim
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 6M QT Hatch
Quote:
Hello All,
I just wanted to let my fellow posters know I finally received my car back, 3 month to the day Friday 5/25/2012! Bought a new computer which is still stock.
So, how was your problem finally resolved, and by whom? I read 2 pages of this thread and I want a neatly wrapped Hollywood resolution!
CTS K04+APR v3.1|Neuspeed P-Flo|UR TBE|Neuspeed FMIC|DG Sigma6|TWM M1 Brnz|Eibach F&R Sways|GC Camber Plates|034 Eng&Trns mnts 50-d|EurosportACC Strut&Xbraces|UR under brace|ECS front end skid plate|KW V2|MFactory Helical LSD|SB S3 Endr|RB4045 BBK|Advan RS 17x8 ET47|HK V12 255/40/17|P3 Gauge|Depo Tails&5k HIDs|stud conversion 14x1.5 to 12x1.5+Raicer lug nutz|Raicer LEDs
<--Flickr
stevenchkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #24
zues0o
Go Kart Newbie

Finally resolved by purchasing a new stock ECU from VW stealership, but the tuning shop said to run the car for approx about week stock and see how it runs and if I want to keep it. If i keep it, I get my reflash back to stage 2 APR.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #25
stevenchkim
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 6M QT Hatch
Quote:
Finally resolved by purchasing a new stock ECU from VW stealership, but the tuning shop said to run the car for approx about week stock and see how it runs and if I want to keep it. If i keep it, I get my reflash back to stage 2 APR.
O_o so, your ECU was bad? Contrary to what APR told you... Welp. I'd be pissed. GL with whatever you decide to do about keeping the car or moving on.
CTS K04+APR v3.1|Neuspeed P-Flo|UR TBE|Neuspeed FMIC|DG Sigma6|TWM M1 Brnz|Eibach F&R Sways|GC Camber Plates|034 Eng&Trns mnts 50-d|EurosportACC Strut&Xbraces|UR under brace|ECS front end skid plate|KW V2|MFactory Helical LSD|SB S3 Endr|RB4045 BBK|Advan RS 17x8 ET47|HK V12 255/40/17|P3 Gauge|Depo Tails&5k HIDs|stud conversion 14x1.5 to 12x1.5+Raicer lug nutz|Raicer LEDs
<--Flickr
stevenchkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #26
502fasthatch
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Gti Dsg
Quote:
Hello All,
Why did this issue take 3 months to resolve?
502fasthatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #27
zues0o
Go Kart Newbie

I also have my original ECM. So whenever BBA or the other computer repair companies know how to fix them I will be sending it out again.
I think I want to try REVO. Has anyone went from APR to REVO, if so how do you like?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #28
zues0o
Go Kart Newbie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502fasthatch View Post
Why did this issue take 3 months to resolve?
I asked the same question. I literally just gave up on calling all three parties at the end of the second month I stopped calling APR, Stealership, and the Tuning shop. I'm going to email APR and let them know how heated I am. That is three car payments, insurance payments, and a f'ing rental car. VW stealership said I modded my car so no loaner.