GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yea, I guess I have a lead foot

Korydogg

Ready to race!
I have about a 50 min commute to work everyday....and most of that is highway. After driving it so many times I have a good idea where the highway patrol is gonna be. So far I've gotten pretty lucky but I pretty much hammer down every day.

Anyone else play with fire and drive faster than the posted speed limit?

nickmk6r

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 5 mile highway commute everyday and solidly go 110 the entire way ? i usually go 20 over locally anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i am on the opposite spectrum for the most part. I typically only do speed limit in city and stuff. Sometimes on the highway i go 75-80mph.

Of course i sometimes do spirited driving runs but for the most part i cap out at 100mph. Im old now (26yo). My girl calls me a "lame ass" for many reason,in a joking manor... or at least i think so lol

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Around the city I try to do the speed limit, which means no more than 5 over. On the highway I try to do no more than 10 over, and I have waze on with a radar detector as well. However, when someone is driving like a window licking fucktard(some may have heard this insult before), I often drive faster out of anger. There are exceptions to everything I just said, but for the most part I drive close to the speed limit.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
i am on the opposite spectrum for the most part. I typically only do speed limit in city and stuff. Sometimes on the highway i go 75-80mph.

Of course i sometimes do spirited driving runs but for the most part i cap out at 100mph. Im old now (26yo). My girl calls me a "lame ass" for many reason,in a joking manor... or at least i think so lol

Theres nothing wrong with that. I am 31 and I'm not saying I get out there and drive like an douche and cut people off.

....but when the road opens up I've been known to get up to speed. I live in California and theres this misconception here that you have to race to every light and gotta drive like you stole it......but I don't think that's the case. I think you can be a classy speeder and not piss everyone off around you.

Around the city I try to do the speed limit, which means no more than 5 over. On the highway I try to do no more than 10 over, and I have waze on with a radar detector as well. However, when someone is driving like a window licking fucktard(some may have heard this insult before), I often drive faster out of anger. There are exceptions to everything I just said, but for the most part I drive close to the speed limit.

Right on. I usually try to pass people in the left lane on the highway.....but I give them like a solid 5 to 7 seconds to get over......if theres room on the right I'm gonna go around. No worries.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I'm more like Lilonespaz now as well. There are times where I'll get up in speed on the highway but for the most part I don't go over 80 on the highway. Of course if its wide open I'll do a pull or 2 but I stop at 100 and coast back down to 70/80 (27 years old).

I attribute this more with all the run ins with the law I've had. I've had probably around 3-4 speeding tickets, 2-3 wreckless driving charges, and 1 street racing charge (car towed, spent the night at the station) since getting my license at 16. All of these were when no one was around for the most part... that street racing charge was done at 2am on a very longggg on-ramp, was just bad luck.

But I'm trying to calm down - can't afford it $$$ and sick of the points on my license. So now I'm going to the drag strip and autox lol.

JayJayTheJetPlane

Ready to race!

Same exact situation here lol...I also just have shit luck when it comes to finding cops so just not even worth it (could also be just the car grabbing their attention)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'm more like Lilonespaz now as well. There are times where I'll get up in speed on the highway but for the most part I don't go over 80 on the highway. Of course if its wide open I'll do a pull or 2 but I stop at 100 and coast back down to 70/80 (27 years old).

I attribute this more with all the run ins with the law I've had. I've had probably around 3-4 speeding tickets, 2-3 wreckless driving charges, and 1 street racing charge (car towed, spent the night at the station) since getting my license at 16. All of these were when no one was around for the most part... that street racing charge was done at 2am on a very longggg on-ramp, was just bad luck.

But I'm trying to calm down - can't afford it $$$ and sick of the points on my license. So now I'm going to the drag strip and autox lol.

Yeah man if only i can get the girl to slow down too lol. Shes quite the little speed racer but when your uncle was the county sheriff for 40 years you tend to get away with certain offenses... especially now that she wants to drive my car more

I am called the "dad" by my group of friends because i just cruise to places. lol that and i wear comfortable sneakers

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Around town I drive like the world is an autocross. Its just how I get my good brain chemicals. I chirp off the line and take every turn like its the apex of Gambon. Im 33 but people around me must think Im like 17 lol. But when Im just cruising down the highway, its 5 over and thats it. I dont get why people cruise at ticketable speeds at all. It doesnt give me any enjoyment and it costs money lol.

At the same time when I see some fuckin chevy aveo ripping down the highway at 90 I think "good for you man"

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Around town I drive like the world is an autocross. Its just how I get my good brain chemicals. I chirp off the line and take every turn like its the apex of Gambon. Im 33 but people around me must think Im like 17 lol. But when Im just cruising down the highway, its 5 over and thats it. I dont get why people cruise at ticketable speeds at all. It doesnt give me any enjoyment and it costs money lol.

At the same time when I see some fuckin chevy aveo ripping down the highway at 90 I think "good for you man"
they can do 90mph?

jkdiver

If I wasn't going to drive hard I would've bought a different car.

:thumbup:I get off of work at 11pm and I've worked out a nice route home with a quiet highway and a twisty back road, so driving home is the highlight of my day. The only problem is that there is this one really gorgeous ramp from one highway to another that is uphill and canted just right for a really satisfying pull, but 90% of the time there is some douchebag taking the thing at 35mph that gets in my way and it makes me want to cry. I feel lucky that my schedule allows me to cut loose on the regular because though I love to drive fast, but traffic rarely makes it safe or even possible during the day. ( I'm 51 and I've never driven harder hahaha ).

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
My route to work and back home has so much traffic I don't usually get to have much fun so I try to take advantage of an open road when I can. If I have the room for it I'll step on it a bit in 2nd and 3rd gear, but it's rare that I even take it past 60 mph. I don't play around much on the highway either. I'll step on it for the on ramp, but I don't usually go much faster than 80 on the highway. Even when I'm really getting on it I probably don't go past 5500 rpms very often, so I try to have a little bit of fun...just not too much fun lol

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
so I try to have a little bit of fun...just not too much fun lol
thats what i tell my girl when she complains im driving "too slow"

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
:thumbup:I get off of work at 11pm and I've worked out a nice route home with a quiet highway and a twisty back road, so driving home is the highlight of my day. The only problem is that there is this one really gorgeous ramp from one highway to another that is uphill and canted just right for a really satisfying pull, but 90% of the time there is some douchebag taking the thing at 35mph that gets in my way and it makes me want to cry. I feel lucky that my schedule allows me to cut loose on the regular because though I love to drive fast, but traffic rarely makes it safe or even possible during the day. ( I'm 51 and I've never driven harder hahaha ).

The beautiful on ramp with the person going 35 in front of you is the most frustrating situation i can think of haha