GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

sdfasd

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I have it on my Carbon Steel Grey GTI. The piece is a plastic black notch. Because CSG is already kind of dark and the notch isnt' that big, I didn't worry about painting it. I left it black. There is no gap actually. It's a pretty good fitment and uses supplied super glue with a lip that it has to be glued to the underside of the hood.

Pro Tip if you decide to get this and use the supplied notch. Rest a towel on the top of the grille because the super glue has a tendency to drip and if it does and lands on the grille, it's fuked, ask me how I know. With the towel down and the notch glued, I would let it sit for an hourif possible until it's definitely all dried up and there is no potential for drip residue.

zrickety

The Fixer
I tried one, I thought it looked tacky. The right way would be to use a little filler or fiberglass resin on it and then blend the paint. Otherwise, try a different grille that keeps the badge IMO.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Same as above

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
To each there own. I'm not a big fan of the clown nose VW throws on the front of their cars. I'm more into the clean look. Sure, the hood notch isn't fun to look at, but only VW/golf owners would notice. I've had a friend not even realize it until he got up close to it and then asked about it. He didn't think much of it other than the look was clean overall.

On that same token, it the overall price of correcting the notch worth it? In my eyes, at least I can go back OEM if necessary in the future.