GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motul X-Cess vs. Motul X-Clean C3

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
So my one year is coming up in a little over a week and Im kind kinda untrusting of more dealerships by me so I figure that Il just do the oil change myself.

While on ECS, I found myself debating which to go with, so what do you think?

8100 X-Cess (5w-40) - 5 Liter
Volkswagen Golf VI 2.0T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fully synthetic engine oil allowing extended oil drain intervals, while protecting your engine in the harshest conditions
Specifically designed for powerful and recent cars fitted with high displacement engines, gasoline, Direct injection turbo diesel.The ACEA B4 performance requires an outstanding detergent / dispersent power and a better viscosity increase resistance due to soot produced by Direct Injection Diesel engines.

Approvals

•ACEA A3 / B3 / B4
•API SL / CF
•VW 502 00 / 505 00
•Mercedes Benz 229.3
•BMW LL-98
•Porsche

8100 X-Clean C3 (5w-40) - 5 Liter
Volkswagen Golf VI 2.0T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100% Synthetic engine oil specially designed around the demnads of direct fuel injection engines.
100% Synthetic Lubricant specially designed for last generation cars, powered by turbo Diesel direct injection or gasoline engines, EURO IV emission regulation compliant, requiring an ACEA C3 engine oil, high HTHS (> 3.5 mPa.s) viscosity and "Mid SAPS" with reduced content of suphated ash (= 0.8%), phosphorus (0.07 = x = 0.09%) and sulphur (= 0.3%).

Suitable for any type of Diesel or gasoline engines calling for ACEA A3/B3 or A3/B4 lubricants.
Approvals

•ACEA A3 / B4 / C3
•API SM / CF
•BMW Long Life 04
•MB 229.31
•Porsche
•VW 502.00 505.00

Il also be getting the ECS magnetic drain plug with the washers.

finklejag

Ready to race!
The X-Clean C3 is a low SAP oil. It shouldn't be used in a gas engine in North America. There are better oils for cheaper on the market. You can pick up Mobil 1 0W-40 for $4.99 a quart on sale.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Thanks. Also, the "OEM" filters are on back order, would there be a huge diff. if I got the MANN filter from ECS, or should I just go and pick one up at the dealer.

N.G.S.

Ready to race!
x2 on the Mobil 1 - I'd stick to the OEM filters.

I know that people are brand loyal when it comes to motor oil but Mobil puts out a great product that you can find in the mass retailers for a lot less than the specialty retailers.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
List of Audi/VW approved oils HERE.
Scroll to the bottom for a full listing. I think this is current to 2010.

I debated between the X-Max and X-Lite, but I plan to change my oil every 5K.

I'd just go to the dealer for the filter. They usually only charge a dollar or two more than ECS. ~$14

Good Luck!

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
There are "some" diff. btw MANN and VW/AUDI.

Im thinking of actually taking the Motul Specific for our cars. Or maybe Il just stick to x-Cess.

Heretic:GTI

Ready to race!
The X-Clean C3 is a low SAP oil. It shouldn't be used in a gas engine in North America. There are better oils for cheaper on the market. You can pick up Mobil 1 0W-40 for $4.99 a quart on sale.

Why should it not be used in north America? I've never heard of this...

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Either way, my order was damaged upon UPS, so now I have no oil, no plug. Waiting for "damage" claim. Sigh.

finklejag

Ready to race!
Why should it not be used in north America? I've never heard of this...

It's our $hit gas.

This is from the BMW owners manual.

Heretic:GTI

Ready to race!
It's our $hit gas.

This is from the BMW owners manual.

I thought I saw somewhere that it had to do with ethanol and extended oil changes when used in gas engines...? Went searching around bitog after I read your post.
I used xclean for about 2500 miles and the car seemed to like it. Not sure if I ordered it by mistake or if it got shipped by mistake. I normally use xcess... I'll probably do a blackstone on the oil I'm currently running when it's time for a change...

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Motul x-lite

TurtleJames: I am resurrecting this thread from the dead. I was wondering if you ever ended up trying the Motul X-lite 0W-30 and, if so, how you liked it.