GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

We installed my Mfactory LSD!

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
After getting all the parts together I wanted to replace, RSR clutch/flywheel, upgraded RMS, Clutchmasters hydraulic bearing, Steel shift forks/brass sliders, Mfactory LSD, we got it all installed! Luckilly I have a buddy who knows how to install and LSD on manual 6 speed and DSG trannys! He did it for much less than ANY shop, especially since I helped him with the install. No shop in the niddle TN has done an LSD in the mk6 platform so they were wanting to charge between 2.7k and 3k so they could spend time "figuring it out". A tad scary to pay someone to learn how to do something.... He will do installs of clutches and LSD's if you want to bring your car to mid TN.

Here are some pics.... My clutch was almost down to the rivets and the amount of clutch dust was CRAZY.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/149937282@N05/w3y012

webbry4

Ready to race!
Now if only i had a buddy in utah that knew how to install k04 and LSD like that i probably would have done it by now. Nice job on install though

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Now if only i had a buddy in utah that knew how to install k04 and LSD like that i probably would have done it by now. Nice job on install though

Well, If I was installing the k04 this time around, we would do it instead of taking it to a shop like I did a few years ago.

What are your thoughts after driving it?

Everything feels smooth and the power delivery around turns is AMAZING. It pulls you around turns. I haven't been too rough on it since it's still breaking in.

It was actually really straight forward in the tranny. Everything goes it's place and it's hard to mess up. There is one spot you have to watch and that is the gear tower that we didn't line up with the flat spot(marked in blue) with the case. We didn't see that and we couldn't get the snap ring in on the outside. We had to reopen the housing and that's when we noticed what it was and when we lined it up the second times everything went together perfectly!

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Y'all get the preload right?
Congrats

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My buddy did all the measurements and such on that. It was what I was afraid of as well. The preload scared me...... Luckilly we didn't have to shave the housing like you did. It wasn't rubbing and it looked like housing had enough space.

This is the part that keeps from doing it myself.

Same here.....

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
You really need a build thread for all the work you've done recently.

I probably should have one, it's crazy how many things we have done to the car. You even helped a bit on some of them! ;)

elcroato1

Passed Driver's Ed
Good catch on the deep ball grove bearing. The shop that did my install forced the housing back together and broke a big chip off the bearing's lip, you know, where the key is on the housing. That damn chip ended up locking my transmission sometime later 'cause it got wedged in the gears. I had to take it apart of course.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Good catch on the deep ball grove bearing. The shop that did my install forced the housing back together and broke a big chip off the bearing's lip, you know, where the key is on the housing. That damn chip ended up locking my transmission sometime later 'cause it got wedged in the gears. I had to take it apart of course.

Oh DAMN! I would be very angry if that would have happened to me after a shop installed it. We figured it out after about 30 mins of looking it over after we reopened the case.

Did they fix it or you had to open the tranny yourself and pull the piece of metal out? Did it do any major damage to the gears??

elcroato1

Passed Driver's Ed
No damage to the gears. It happened about 10k after the job, while racing on a track. I was not able to shift anymore. I just sent the tranny to a shop that specialty shop.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
No damage to the gears. It happened about 10k after the job, while racing on a track. I was not able to shift anymore. I just sent the tranny to a shop that specialty shop.

Probaly got caught in the shift forks..... They found the piece and showed it to you I sure! Still is terrible that it cost you more money due to them being idiots and forcing it together....